Waypoint Homes in Tampa, Florida - Never Rent with Colony American Homes in Tampa.

Never Rent with Colony American Homes in Tampa.

I had never posted a comment online or complain, but I strongly feel that this time is well deserve it. I will post on every single site that accept review regarding this Colony American Home company. Here in Tampa, the property manager (Laura Blevins) treat you like nothing, their customer services is worst then bad. I moved into their property in April 2015. They fake the CCTV cables and when I connect my TVs none of them worked. I called them and they said told me that when I rented was under "as is condition" how do you know if you see all coax cable coming out from the wall, well that cost me $139.00 x 5 outlets with the TV provider.

Like this example I had 3 more incidents, when I called them, and never get a good results or professional service. I felt so bad, that I started looking my own house, whish I closed on Dec 04. I signed a vacate agreement under the terms, that I will look for the new tenant and I will not be penalized. I found the new tenant, they got approved and moved in a week after I vacate the property and moved with my family to our new home far from CAH. They didn't spent a penny on advertising or Marketing and they charging me $1495.00 for marketing fee, this is ridiculous. I will fight for my rights and take them to small claims court. I recommend to stay away of this company CAH is the biggest rental scam company that I have ever deal with. Hopefully, some day all this comment someone read it and take actions against them. We need to make America a better place to live.

Reason of review: bad customer services, .

Waypoint Homes - This company "Colony American Homes" Is the worst

I would rather slide down a 50 foot razor blade and fall into a pool of iodine than deal with these illiterate Irish hillbillies! In the South they are always fixin to do this or that.

I haven't met one yet that could fix a sandwich let alone a rental home. My advise is this. Run like *** and if you know how to do a SQL injection on their site...go for it! A DOS isn't good enough for them.

Ever see planet of the Apes? Well, there you go. That is exactly what these Management people look like here in the South. I told them to pull their lip over their heads and swallow so that they can taste what *** taste like.

Worst company on the planet. DO NOT USE THEM!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Getting ripped off.

Waypoint Homes in Calimesa, California - Colony American class action lawsuit?

Calimesa, California

is there any class action suit being brought against these thieves liars and cons? i would love to hear other experience and start or join a suit.....

annetterice10@yahoo.com im in california and would really like to hear others experience....

i originally rented from their property managers PortStreet Reality i have been contacted by others regarding their practices. Every person that i have talked to regarding a colony american owned home has had a horrible experience, they do not return deposits regardless of how the property was left, i would have to think that if enough of us got together we would be able to make them look at the way the practice business.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I am also one of those who was scammed. They are thieves! I wish I could put notices around Phoenix to stay away from them.

Decatur, Georgia, United States #1232876

they keep my deposit and it was two months to fix minor repairs in the house I was renting

I agree... I'm currently in a situation and feel some type of way. Email me starla.fuqua@gmail.com...

Waypoint Homes - Colony American Homes Rental Review

2.5

I didn't have any problems with them until I decided to move out. They wanted to know why and wouldn't send me an official notice to vacate letter until I could provide a forwarding address.

I don't usually pay my rent until the 5th of the month (sometimes earlier) depends on how that pay period falls. I pay the $50 dollar late fee and move on. This I get a threatening letter telling me to vacate if they don't get their money based on lease agreement.

I was upset and pissed. Now that I have had time to process the situation I will file a complaint with the BBB.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes - Smelly house run down

From the rotten plumbing it's old it flooded from upstairs all of down stairs we had about 3inches of water they said they would send someone to dry it up no one ever showed up we dried the carpet the best we could but it smells musty and probably has mold and they are refusing to replace it I ask them to put tile in case it happened and the answer was no we have to live with the smelly carpet it took them 3months to come and fix the leak and when they came and did it 2 weeks later it was leaking again in the same spot so today they are here again trying to fix it again I need a new floor what can I do to get it aside from that the house needs so much work outside the fence fell and the neighbors are complaining it's termite eaten and they don't care

Waypoint Homes in Dallas, Texas - COLONY AMERICAN HOMES WORST PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY

There is a probably a reason this business is not BBB accredited. I leased with the property management company in Dallas (which I'm not sure why it isn't listed).

This is the WORST property management company that I have ever dealt with or heard of. Anyone that I have shared my experience with says that they have never encountered such unprofessionalism. It began with our home being broken into 2 weeks after moving in. I called the property management company and spoke with Patricia Thibeadoux, (this was an after-hours call), I simply asked her what I should do because I had never been subject to a break-in before.

She asked, "What do you want me to do...did you call the cops?" (In the most rude tone, I might add). I informed her that, yes, I did but I just wasn't sure what to do next being that this had never happened to me before. She said there was nothing she could do if the cops had already been called. I then called the emergency maintenance line to have the window secured for the evening & was told someone would be out in the next couple of hours.

The wait time was completely understandable being that it was already after normal working hours. However, I waited 3 hours before contacting the company again to check on the status. I was told by the woman who was handling it that the worker was on his way & should be out to us within 20 minutes so I again waited. 45 minutes went by before I called again and was told that she wasn't sure why he wasn't there yet & she would call me back.

Again, I waited and received no call. I called back again to check on the status, only this time, no one answered. I waited a few minutes and tried again, maybe she was taking a break, right? I called back again, no answer.

I waited a few minutes in-between & called SEVERAL times within a 30 minute span. No answer every single time. Then my sister called from her phone and she immediately picked up. The woman told her she wasn't sure where the worker was at, she had attempted to call him but he wasn't answering.

She would call us back again. No call back, but the worker did FINALLY show up and secure the window (with a piece of plywood) at 1 am - the initial call was placed at 6 pm. I was then told that someone would be out to replace the window the next day. No one showed up all week.

I was concerned so I contacted the company and they said it was reported to them that window had already been replaced (which it was NOT), and she would do her best to have someone out that day (Friday - the break in happened on Monday). Someone did get out to repair it, luckily, but the unprofessionalism continued on. I contacted the company several times to notify them of the break-in and my issues thereafter and no one returned my emails or calls. My sister and I and our four young girls moved into this home and were not warned and/or suggested that we obtain an alarm for this area, and when I mentioned this to the property management company that stated that it was not their responsibility.

Understandable, but I asked that they could have simply suggested an alarm, that's all. They just kept reverted back to the laws of leasing property and that they BARE-MINIMALLY abided by every one of those and they had no obligations to do anything further. Our cars got broken into in this neighborhood and our children were scared to go to sleep every night. The company told us there was nothing they could do.

We had to pay the $3,000 to get out of our lease or we would be breaking it if we moved out. I asked for another option or a way to work with us and was told that there was no other way. NEVER rent from this company and tell all of your friends and family the same!! They do NOT care about their tenants and have completely staffed their company with like-minded people.

Completely unprofessional.

Comments

Worst company to deal with they never call you back. This is to Petrana Mallque on April 11, 2017 to request pre-final request ""Please call me as soon as possible regarding pre-final inspection."" No return call.

The heater always fails in winter and even the repair man said if you complain they will kick you out.

Do not rent from Waypoint.

Did they refund your deposit?

I am currently renting and having issues as well...omg did you get legal help? Please let me know

Waypoint Homes in Dallas, Texas - Simple Review #1441062779

2.0

This company try's to get money any way it can we submitted an application and passed but was told it needed to increase of $600 on the deposit due to an incident that happen over 18 years ago. And an increase in the monthly rent.

And we're now both government employees.

This company is outrageous! I will not ever rent from them.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Waypoint Homes in San Francisco, California - Protect Your Family From this Malicious Company

Once Colony American homes took over I have had a headache ever since . Bottom Line They don't care for the tenants .

Please protect your family from these people and find a good property management company . After reading all the complaints we may be able to file a class lawsuit against this company . I reside in los Angeles and I was happy until this company took over and do not honor my lease .

No one is reachable and no one knows what is going on . They will go round and round in circles and at the end of the day won't even return a call or email .

I didn't like: Los angeles office.

Comments

I with the class act. Please contact me

Anyone wishing to join a class action suit against Colony American Homes please email me at latoniaetaylor@gmail.com

to Anonymous Hemet, California, United States #1104641

I am also willing to joined. I have various of bad exsperiences

to andrea #1104643

my contact information is queenandrea32@gmail.com

View more comments

Waypoint Homes in Houston, Texas - A customer who paid their rent on time for 2 years being robbed by Colony American Homes

My name is Tiwana Morris and I used to reside in a Colony American Home. I am writing to you today, because I want you to know how your company treats its loyal tenants. I called Colony American Home today and spoke with Susan, who notified me that I would only be receiving $287.58 of my $1,225.00 deposit back. This is totally unacceptable. I spent 4 of my working days at home, just to make sure the home was in great condition when we moved out. This really saddens me, because I was a great customer, who paid their rent on time. I was told by Susan that the charges were for the following: steam cleaning, a new faucet (but all my faucets were already in good condition), repainting the home, and pest control. There is no way these charges add up to $937.42. I was a great tenant for 2 years and cannot believe I am being treated so poorly. I paid my rent on time and never gave anyone any trouble. Is this the way you treat loyal clients? If I remotely thought these charges were sufficient, I would not be writing this letter. I am adamant that these charges are frivolous and will do whatever it takes for not only everyone to know about it but to also make sure this does not happen to anyone else. This is plain wrong and I will do whatever it takes to get this issue resolved. Luckily, I took great pictures when I moved into the home and also when I moved out. I will be filing a complaint.

Reason of review: Security Deposit.

Comments

Please let me know the out come...I'mccurrently going though a situation with them and want get legal advise ...

Waypoint Homes - House Rental Review from Tampa, Florida

Do not rent fron Colony American Homes!!! The house I wanted to rent looked beautiful.

Getting to see the house was easy, signing the lease was easy although not professional at all. Then they disappear!! You cannot get them on the phone, they conveniently lose maintenance requests or just do not submit them. It came time to renew, which I did since I had very little choice at the time.

I must have had a ***!!!! Moment to sign back up for the unprofessional, uncaring, POS that is colony american. Quality is laughable, professionalism does not exist, and I am now having to give up a great job cause breaking my lease, no matter how long in advance I give them, is costing me 3k and I have to give them my offer letter.

Most places have something in place for circumstances like this...but then again most places are better all the way around! If you have ANY other options, DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.