Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I am so beyond unsatisfied with the sorry excuse professionalism that this company holds as a standard. I have lived in one of their houses for a month. When I moved in, I honestly thought maybe the property was going through some demo work still because there was trash everywhere in the front and back yard. The house was dirty when we moved in. We actually stopped moving boxes and cleaned the house before we could finish unloading everything. The house was advertised with grass in the front and back yard. Both yards are all mud and trash, it was horrifying to see what the house really was versus what they had it advertised as. (false advertisement to say the least) I was told by the guy that had let us into the house that he would give us 6 days to complete the walk through and didn't do the walk through with us. He left, and as we started walking around the house it just got worse and worse. I noticed that there was not a wall outlet that DID NOT have a smell fresh plug in, in it. So we started to pull those out while cleaning. We went to the old house grabbed the rest of the little things there and went back to the house we just started renting from waypoint and the house smelled horrible of wet dog, and animal pee and ***. With how long the house had been vacant, they knew about the terrible smell of the house and blatantly tried to cover it up instead of taking care of it so people who paid top dollar to move in didn't have to deal with it. At that point I started to run around and look at everything else. There are ants, spiders and wasps everywhere. Not to mention that we had seen multiple mice and could hear them in the walls. Then all the little things like the doors falling off hinges, the oven drawer falling out, the ice maker, base boards in the basement chewed up. If you stood at the right angle, you could clearly see the light of day to the outside of the house under some of the base boards.The list goes on. So I had emailed the guy (Jimmy Braden) that got us into the house in the first place with a list of things that were concerning. He basically stated that it was not his problem. So I asked who I should contact and he blew me off. Emailed him a couple more times about who to contact, and again he just continued to blow me off. So I started calling all the numbers listed online. I kept getting redirected so many times, I thought my head was going to burst. The property manager that was assigned to my location sends people straight to voicemail and you cant even leave a voicemail for him because the box is always full. All the other property managers never call you back. They leave messages in the system so when you call back asking to speak to them the rep will tell you that they said to do this and that. Well why cant they just do their jobs and service the customer as their title claims? I'm still getting the run around and it has been over a month. When they do send their crew out for maintenance, they dont do the whole job. They work half way through it, if that and say that they will return and never do. I have spoken to countless maintenance guys that work for waypoint and they blatantly tell me how terrible of a leasing company waypoint is. Saying that they have these type of complaints all the time. Not just with the way the property is presented online vs reality, but with their sorry excuse of customer service. And that they are famous for not dealing with it so the time passes that it becomes the tenants responsibility. When I had finally gotten a hold of one of the mangers John Lohman, he had assured me that all my questions and problems would be answered and dealt with. And if I did not hear back form him by a certain day to give him a call. Well not a shock that I didn't hear back from him so I tried to call him. Got ignored some more. I call back the following week to hear that he is on a vacation. FOR WHAT? Vacation is relaxation time off work, yet he has not done any work. I tried to talk to the infamous Freda that is also a manager and she also is on vacation.(after weeks of trying to get in contact with her and she never replies wont reply to calls, emails, messages, message sent by pigeon, nothing) Instead of having common respect for someone who helps pay her check by renting through the company she represents, she just leaves notes in the system for her reps to relay to me. That is not customer service. Then I get to talk on the phone with Christine Bobich, I wish I never did because that woman just made my head hurt. She was rude, kept talking over me and I could tell she is just miserable with her life by her tone and shortness with me. Instead of her trying to understand my frustrations, she just reacted by talking over me, making excuses on things she had no idea about. When I finally got fed up with her talking to me as if she has some sort of say so over my feelings, I mentioned to her about all the bad reviews on every review site for her company and she says "WE ARE VERY WELL AWARE OF OUR REVIEWS, THANK YOU!" As if she is proud to have such a terrible reputation with and of the company. She was extremely argumentative which has set my frustrations to the max, in return, motivating me to do this review and many more. Everyone that I am speaking to has an attitude with me like I should be ok with the way the house is. I pay 2x more then what this dump is worth, and paid a little over $4000.00 to get into the house just for it to be disgustingly dirty and trashed. The neighbors have told me that the previous tenants had 7 dogs and were breading more in that house. I full on believe that because the way that the house and yard looks. They came out and cleaned the carpets to try to help with the smell and it actually made it worse. I have had maintenance, sears, swamp cooler maintenance, exterminators and others in and out of the house for the last month. I am done trying to resolve these problems because I continue to get blown off so I am going to do my best to make sure that no one has to deal with the horrors of working with this company in the future. If I were to leave the house the way it was presented to me, this company would have taken my deposit and then charged me more. I should not be responsible for the mess of a previous tenant. When you call in, they say that they are the preferred rental company for single family homes. Maybe for section 8 housing because that is what it looks like except I pay rent, a very high amount of rent for what we are getting. I myself work in customer service. I'm 100% commission so if people aren't happy I dont get paid. Maybe their customer service managers, and all their managers should be on 100% commission instead of hourly so they can only get paid if they do their job because I can say from experience, they dont do their job very well at all. Steer clear of this company. They are the definition of false advertisement from the greeting you get when you call in, the service and to their housing conditions. I will go out of my way to make sure i dont recommend this company. And I did make them aware that I was going to call health and human services, I was not kidding about that. They will get back to me since no one at waypoint wants to take me seriously.
Show

Waypoint Homes - Colony American class action lawsuit?

Calimesa,California

is there any class action suit being brought against these thieves liars and cons? i would love to hear other experience and start or join a suit.....

annetterice10@yahoo.com im in california and would really like to hear others experience....

i originally rented from their property managers PortStreet Reality i have been contacted by others regarding their practices. Every person that i have talked to regarding a colony american owned home has had a horrible experience, they do not return deposits regardless of how the property was left, i would have to think that if enough of us got together we would be able to make them look at the way the practice business.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I am also one of those who was scammed. They are thieves! I wish I could put notices around Phoenix to stay away from them.

Decatur, Georgia, United States #1232876

they keep my deposit and it was two months to fix minor repairs in the house I was renting

I agree... I'm currently in a situation and feel some type of way. Email me starla.fuqua@gmail.com...

Waypoint Homes - Colony American Homes Rental Review

2.5

I didn't have any problems with them until I decided to move out. They wanted to know why and wouldn't send me an official notice to vacate letter until I could provide a forwarding address.

I don't usually pay my rent until the 5th of the month (sometimes earlier) depends on how that pay period falls. I pay the $50 dollar late fee and move on. This I get a threatening letter telling me to vacate if they don't get their money based on lease agreement.

I was upset and pissed. Now that I have had time to process the situation I will file a complaint with the BBB.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes - Smelly house run down

From the rotten plumbing it's old it flooded from upstairs all of down stairs we had about 3inches of water they said they would send someone to dry it up no one ever showed up we dried the carpet the best we could but it smells musty and probably has mold and they are refusing to replace it I ask them to put tile in case it happened and the answer was no we have to live with the smelly carpet it took them 3months to come and fix the leak and when they came and did it 2 weeks later it was leaking again in the same spot so today they are here again trying to fix it again I need a new floor what can I do to get it aside from that the house needs so much work outside the fence fell and the neighbors are complaining it's termite eaten and they don't care

Waypoint Homes - COLONY AMERICAN HOMES WORST PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY

There is a probably a reason this business is not BBB accredited. I leased with the property management company in Dallas (which I'm not sure why it isn't listed).

This is the WORST property management company that I have ever dealt with or heard of. Anyone that I have shared my experience with says that they have never encountered such unprofessionalism. It began with our home being broken into 2 weeks after moving in. I called the property management company and spoke with Patricia Thibeadoux, (this was an after-hours call), I simply asked her what I should do because I had never been subject to a break-in before.

She asked, "What do you want me to do...did you call the cops?" (In the most rude tone, I might add). I informed her that, yes, I did but I just wasn't sure what to do next being that this had never happened to me before. She said there was nothing she could do if the cops had already been called. I then called the emergency maintenance line to have the window secured for the evening & was told someone would be out in the next couple of hours.

The wait time was completely understandable being that it was already after normal working hours. However, I waited 3 hours before contacting the company again to check on the status. I was told by the woman who was handling it that the worker was on his way & should be out to us within 20 minutes so I again waited. 45 minutes went by before I called again and was told that she wasn't sure why he wasn't there yet & she would call me back.

Again, I waited and received no call. I called back again to check on the status, only this time, no one answered. I waited a few minutes and tried again, maybe she was taking a break, right? I called back again, no answer.

I waited a few minutes in-between & called SEVERAL times within a 30 minute span. No answer every single time. Then my sister called from her phone and she immediately picked up. The woman told her she wasn't sure where the worker was at, she had attempted to call him but he wasn't answering.

She would call us back again. No call back, but the worker did FINALLY show up and secure the window (with a piece of plywood) at 1 am - the initial call was placed at 6 pm. I was then told that someone would be out to replace the window the next day. No one showed up all week.

I was concerned so I contacted the company and they said it was reported to them that window had already been replaced (which it was NOT), and she would do her best to have someone out that day (Friday - the break in happened on Monday). Someone did get out to repair it, luckily, but the unprofessionalism continued on. I contacted the company several times to notify them of the break-in and my issues thereafter and no one returned my emails or calls. My sister and I and our four young girls moved into this home and were not warned and/or suggested that we obtain an alarm for this area, and when I mentioned this to the property management company that stated that it was not their responsibility.

Understandable, but I asked that they could have simply suggested an alarm, that's all. They just kept reverted back to the laws of leasing property and that they BARE-MINIMALLY abided by every one of those and they had no obligations to do anything further. Our cars got broken into in this neighborhood and our children were scared to go to sleep every night. The company told us there was nothing they could do.

We had to pay the $3,000 to get out of our lease or we would be breaking it if we moved out. I asked for another option or a way to work with us and was told that there was no other way. NEVER rent from this company and tell all of your friends and family the same!! They do NOT care about their tenants and have completely staffed their company with like-minded people.

Completely unprofessional.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Worst company to deal with they never call you back. This is to Petrana Mallque on April 11, 2017 to request pre-final request ""Please call me as soon as possible regarding pre-final inspection."" No return call.

The heater always fails in winter and even the repair man said if you complain they will kick you out.

Do not rent from Waypoint.

Did they refund your deposit?

I am currently renting and having issues as well...omg did you get legal help? Please let me know

Waypoint Homes - Simple Review #1441062779

2.0

This company try's to get money any way it can we submitted an application and passed but was told it needed to increase of $600 on the deposit due to an incident that happen over 18 years ago. And an increase in the monthly rent.

And we're now both government employees.

This company is outrageous! I will not ever rent from them.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Waypoint Homes - Protect Your Family From this Malicious Company

Once Colony American homes took over I have had a headache ever since . Bottom Line They don't care for the tenants .

Please protect your family from these people and find a good property management company . After reading all the complaints we may be able to file a class lawsuit against this company . I reside in los Angeles and I was happy until this company took over and do not honor my lease .

No one is reachable and no one knows what is going on . They will go round and round in circles and at the end of the day won't even return a call or email .

I didn't like: Los angeles office.

Comments

I with the class act. Please contact me

Anyone wishing to join a class action suit against Colony American Homes please email me at latoniaetaylor@gmail.com

to Anonymous Hemet, California, United States #1104641

I am also willing to joined. I have various of bad exsperiences

to andrea #1104643

my contact information is queenandrea32@gmail.com

View more comments

Waypoint Homes - A customer who paid their rent on time for 2 years being robbed by Colony American Homes

My name is Tiwana Morris and I used to reside in a Colony American Home. I am writing to you today, because I want you to know how your company treats its loyal tenants. I called Colony American Home today and spoke with Susan, who notified me that I would only be receiving $287.58 of my $1,225.00 deposit back. This is totally unacceptable. I spent 4 of my working days at home, just to make sure the home was in great condition when we moved out. This really saddens me, because I was a great customer, who paid their rent on time. I was told by Susan that the charges were for the following: steam cleaning, a new faucet (but all my faucets were already in good condition), repainting the home, and pest control. There is no way these charges add up to $937.42. I was a great tenant for 2 years and cannot believe I am being treated so poorly. I paid my rent on time and never gave anyone any trouble. Is this the way you treat loyal clients? If I remotely thought these charges were sufficient, I would not be writing this letter. I am adamant that these charges are frivolous and will do whatever it takes for not only everyone to know about it but to also make sure this does not happen to anyone else. This is plain wrong and I will do whatever it takes to get this issue resolved. Luckily, I took great pictures when I moved into the home and also when I moved out. I will be filing a complaint.

Reason of review: Security Deposit.

Comments

Please let me know the out come...I'mccurrently going though a situation with them and want get legal advise ...

Waypoint Homes - House Rental Review from Tampa, Florida

Do not rent fron Colony American Homes!!! The house I wanted to rent looked beautiful.

Getting to see the house was easy, signing the lease was easy although not professional at all. Then they disappear!! You cannot get them on the phone, they conveniently lose maintenance requests or just do not submit them. It came time to renew, which I did since I had very little choice at the time.

I must have had a ***!!!! Moment to sign back up for the unprofessional, uncaring, POS that is colony american. Quality is laughable, professionalism does not exist, and I am now having to give up a great job cause breaking my lease, no matter how long in advance I give them, is costing me 3k and I have to give them my offer letter.

Most places have something in place for circumstances like this...but then again most places are better all the way around! If you have ANY other options, DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Waypoint Homes - Never rent from colony american homes

I would strongly recommend that no one ever uses this company. if you find out that they are over the property....run!!!! I say that first but let me make it clear that I never complain online. its typically not in my nature... but it gets to a point where i can not allow myself to be taken advantage of. ill start at the beginning.

I have been in this house for 2 years with my wife and child. It is the first home I rented upon moving to Dallas Tx from Atlanta Ga. After move we noticed that in the kitchen that all outlets on the right side do not work. It was alot of cosmetic work done but not actual remodeling. WHen we ran the dishwasher it did not work...over a couple months we noticed the door was slightly loose. WHat makes it all bad is that the lanolium floor was slowly coming up as well that they "glued" down. SOme issues that were noticed intitially we informed them asap...no one ever came out....MOre issues we reported... no one came. Finallly the garage disposal stopped working...SOmeone came out... THey said that every couple months they probably would have to come back to fix the issue .... My response.... How exactly is that repairing the issue then? They also after a couple months sent somone out about the outlets... We were told all the wiring would would have to be ripped out and rerun. What type of mess is that ??? So we left it be. THe floor never repaired until I finally did so MYSELF so my 2 year old would keep tripping in the kitchen.

As a whole I never through a fit, tantrum, or caused a seen about any issues. I paid my rent every month and just let it be. My wife and I decided to build a home. For the last 3 months we have been paying month to month at an additional 250 dollars on top of our rent being raised once and would be twice if we signed a second lease. I informed a rep from my local office and was told in march to pay rent when we knew what date we would be moving out ( after 30 day notice) As time went on I realized the home we were building wasnt going to be ready. I told Julie ( my contact) and ended up paying March and April at same time.

My new home will be ready to close on next friday. My L.O received a rental verification and behold..... a 30 day late pay in March. ?? When i was told to wait to pay by an employee. So I called the office....and of course Julie no longer works there. I spoke to the property manager who said she cant do anything. I openly told her I will LOOSE my home if this stands and it wasnt my fault. I listened to an employee. She said there was nothing she could do . Keep in mind while Im talking to her i hear her talking to someone else in back ground.. i asked to speak to her boss.... she gives me the number and tells me they wont do anything. I call... the lady that answers the phone says Katy ( the supervisor) isnt there. I say ok when will she be in .THe response given to me. "I dont know... sometime next neek ". I said she doesnt have a set schedule ? answer was no and she is doesnt come to office all the time.

My first issue with that was why was i given a number to someone i cant get a hold of? SO i call another number i look up on my own. Im given another number from a lady in California. relations I guess... I am told that someone will contact me within 48 hours.... I say I cant wait that long..I really need to resolve this now.... ..told there is NO ONE isle i can speak to... Normally if in management when your not there someone else handles your situations.. I guess not with Colony American. I always paid rent...never complained...even when CAH didnt do there part. My frustration is on over load right now. I would never recommend anyone to them. Bad customer service. Horrible attitude...and not efficiant in responses. It is a shame when you do right by a company yet they do not value you .

Preferred solution: remove the "30 Day" Late for March.

Augusta, Georgia, United States #1327093

I had the same exact thing happened to my family. I never tented from Colony, but these investors are really out of control.

They quit deed properties between each other and the renter is the one that gets the bad end of the stick. I do not recommend any of these companies believe me you will regret it.

Houston, Texas, United States #1148466

I agree with you they are the worst company to deal with. They lie, cut corners to do repairs and are NEVER available to speak with you.

The worst customers service every both in the office and the maintenance crew.

Hello, I am experiencing almost the same problem. If possible i'd like to speak with you to see if you can give me a lit advise.

I am new to the Lancaster Ca area and i've been in this home now for a yr and pretty much was forced into another year lease with them being that it would have been last min to just to just up and move with 3 small kids.

Please reach out to me via email I'd love to speak with you . starlafuqua36@hotmail.com thank you so much

My husband and I are in a similar situation with Colony now. There were plumbing leaks which caused a water bill in excess of 1k (normally runs $100).

They have given me the total run-around for two days.

The main office refuses to give me the name of anyone who can help me and continues to say "someone will contact you". We are not renewing in Jan and I would NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES lease from them again.

View more comments