Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I am so beyond unsatisfied with the sorry excuse professionalism that this company holds as a standard. I have lived in one of their houses for a month. When I moved in, I honestly thought maybe the property was going through some demo work still because there was trash everywhere in the front and back yard. The house was dirty when we moved in. We actually stopped moving boxes and cleaned the house before we could finish unloading everything. The house was advertised with grass in the front and back yard. Both yards are all mud and trash, it was horrifying to see what the house really was versus what they had it advertised as. (false advertisement to say the least) I was told by the guy that had let us into the house that he would give us 6 days to complete the walk through and didn't do the walk through with us. He left, and as we started walking around the house it just got worse and worse. I noticed that there was not a wall outlet that DID NOT have a smell fresh plug in, in it. So we started to pull those out while cleaning. We went to the old house grabbed the rest of the little things there and went back to the house we just started renting from waypoint and the house smelled horrible of wet dog, and animal pee and ***. With how long the house had been vacant, they knew about the terrible smell of the house and blatantly tried to cover it up instead of taking care of it so people who paid top dollar to move in didn't have to deal with it. At that point I started to run around and look at everything else. There are ants, spiders and wasps everywhere. Not to mention that we had seen multiple mice and could hear them in the walls. Then all the little things like the doors falling off hinges, the oven drawer falling out, the ice maker, base boards in the basement chewed up. If you stood at the right angle, you could clearly see the light of day to the outside of the house under some of the base boards.The list goes on. So I had emailed the guy (Jimmy Braden) that got us into the house in the first place with a list of things that were concerning. He basically stated that it was not his problem. So I asked who I should contact and he blew me off. Emailed him a couple more times about who to contact, and again he just continued to blow me off. So I started calling all the numbers listed online. I kept getting redirected so many times, I thought my head was going to burst. The property manager that was assigned to my location sends people straight to voicemail and you cant even leave a voicemail for him because the box is always full. All the other property managers never call you back. They leave messages in the system so when you call back asking to speak to them the rep will tell you that they said to do this and that. Well why cant they just do their jobs and service the customer as their title claims? I'm still getting the run around and it has been over a month. When they do send their crew out for maintenance, they dont do the whole job. They work half way through it, if that and say that they will return and never do. I have spoken to countless maintenance guys that work for waypoint and they blatantly tell me how terrible of a leasing company waypoint is. Saying that they have these type of complaints all the time. Not just with the way the property is presented online vs reality, but with their sorry excuse of customer service. And that they are famous for not dealing with it so the time passes that it becomes the tenants responsibility. When I had finally gotten a hold of one of the mangers John Lohman, he had assured me that all my questions and problems would be answered and dealt with. And if I did not hear back form him by a certain day to give him a call. Well not a shock that I didn't hear back from him so I tried to call him. Got ignored some more. I call back the following week to hear that he is on a vacation. FOR WHAT? Vacation is relaxation time off work, yet he has not done any work. I tried to talk to the infamous Freda that is also a manager and she also is on vacation.(after weeks of trying to get in contact with her and she never replies wont reply to calls, emails, messages, message sent by pigeon, nothing) Instead of having common respect for someone who helps pay her check by renting through the company she represents, she just leaves notes in the system for her reps to relay to me. That is not customer service. Then I get to talk on the phone with Christine Bobich, I wish I never did because that woman just made my head hurt. She was rude, kept talking over me and I could tell she is just miserable with her life by her tone and shortness with me. Instead of her trying to understand my frustrations, she just reacted by talking over me, making excuses on things she had no idea about. When I finally got fed up with her talking to me as if she has some sort of say so over my feelings, I mentioned to her about all the bad reviews on every review site for her company and she says "WE ARE VERY WELL AWARE OF OUR REVIEWS, THANK YOU!" As if she is proud to have such a terrible reputation with and of the company. She was extremely argumentative which has set my frustrations to the max, in return, motivating me to do this review and many more. Everyone that I am speaking to has an attitude with me like I should be ok with the way the house is. I pay 2x more then what this dump is worth, and paid a little over $4000.00 to get into the house just for it to be disgustingly dirty and trashed. The neighbors have told me that the previous tenants had 7 dogs and were breading more in that house. I full on believe that because the way that the house and yard looks. They came out and cleaned the carpets to try to help with the smell and it actually made it worse. I have had maintenance, sears, swamp cooler maintenance, exterminators and others in and out of the house for the last month. I am done trying to resolve these problems because I continue to get blown off so I am going to do my best to make sure that no one has to deal with the horrors of working with this company in the future. If I were to leave the house the way it was presented to me, this company would have taken my deposit and then charged me more. I should not be responsible for the mess of a previous tenant. When you call in, they say that they are the preferred rental company for single family homes. Maybe for section 8 housing because that is what it looks like except I pay rent, a very high amount of rent for what we are getting. I myself work in customer service. I'm 100% commission so if people aren't happy I dont get paid. Maybe their customer service managers, and all their managers should be on 100% commission instead of hourly so they can only get paid if they do their job because I can say from experience, they dont do their job very well at all. Steer clear of this company. They are the definition of false advertisement from the greeting you get when you call in, the service and to their housing conditions. I will go out of my way to make sure i dont recommend this company. And I did make them aware that I was going to call health and human services, I was not kidding about that. They will get back to me since no one at waypoint wants to take me seriously.
Show

Waypoint Homes - Shady business, no communication

1.4

We left them after a year of nothing but trouble. We had to sign the lease before seeing the home (i am active duty military).

The house had roaches! Had to have them come several times to exterminate. Then asked for a home cleaning. Air unit went out in the heat of summer.

They stated they could not come for several days. We had to pay out of pocket for a repairman. The carpets had to cushion. It was low grade and glued.

Upon moving out we had the house and carpets cleaned. The carpet guy just laughed and said there was no point. This carpet was cheap and could be replaced for like $300. We moved out and got a bill stating that the estimated cost of all "repairs and claleaning" was $100 over our security deposit.

I write emails and phone calls to make sure they actually repaired and "cleaned" even though we hired people to clean before turning over the keys. No proof shown. Here we are months later, and i get a letter from collections for $331. They had my forwarding address, phone number and email and nothing Damn crooks.

Believe you me, i will definitely not be referring ANYONE ever. Las Vegas personnel are crooks and run a shady business.

Good luck. Your reputation precedes you now.

Waypoint Homes - Is it worth it to try and get the deposit back?

After reading the reviews on here I’m debating on whether to do anything to the house at all! Why touch up paint and clean if the are going to keep my $1,300 anyway! Would you all clean it?

Comments

ohhh wowo I was looking for a home to rent .. because I have a emergency the is this bad??? 5111 wawa… I need a home 3 bathroom 2 bathrooms maybe in lake underhill or semoran or baldwin park or curry ford but this complains it look like every one is angry

No.it doesn't matter what you do they will get you.anyone that rent from this company will have a bad experiance.you name it.they done it.i am really surprise their still in business.i know that if I run my business this way.i would be shut down by some government watch dog already.this guy know someone who keep looking the other way.

Waypoint Homes - This company has literally ruined my life.

1.6

Please - PLEASE - do not rent a home with this company. You will regret it.

First of all, I had condensation on all of my windows in the house. I called and talked to the Office Manager at the time (Rebecca or Rachel, I think). I have never had that happen and I didn't know what it was. No one did ANYTHING about it!

Lastly, in the spring of 2014 - I had an emergency repair on my car that had to get done. I drive 140 miles round trip everyday. I am a single mother of two sons and I needed to get to work. I was late on my rent.

I called to them why. I told them I would be paying the late fee. They responded with a 3 Day Notice (which I already told them I couldn't pay for another week) and then sent me an Unlawful Detainer. I realize they have processes and procedures; so I called them; I cooperated.

I understood. And I paid them - everything. Including the late fee. I had to go to court anyway but we had already resolved everything.

I didn't owe anything. They were supposed to dismiss the eviction immediately. They assured me - numerous times that they would and that it an eviction wouldn't show up in my renter profile. I stayed there another 6 months - renting the house.

About a week before I moved out - the neighbor behind me (and above me) left their sprinklers on; flooding their yard and causing all of the dirt and mud from their yard to go right into my backyard. It was a mess. I tried to get their homeowner's insurance info to pass on to Colony but wasn't able to get it. I called Colony's office to try and tell someone what had happened.

I finally had to leave a detailed voice mail because I couldn't reach anyone. Wouldn't you know it - I get a bill for over $6000!! No detailed breakdown of exactly why they were charging this to me. I called them and they never provided me a breakdown.

I told them what had happened. It's not my fault that the neighbors sprinklers flooded their yard - impacting mine!. So fast forward - the rental I'm in now - I've been there for a while. Great place.

However, the owners are cashing in on the "sellers" marketplace now and will be selling the home. I need to find a place for me and my children and guess what??? This a#$hole company - never dismissed the unlawful detainer and I have an eviction on my public record - WHEN I NEVER WAS EVICTED. This is blacklisting me from any other rental properties.

My family and I are in trouble because of this - for something I didn't do. Now that I know this - I'm going to seek representation.

Please don't rent from them. I can't say enough bad things about my experience with them.

Reason of review: Mold and Lack of integrity to agreement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ineffective service, Ineffective services, Misrepresentation, Failure to correct health hazard mold.

Waypoint Homes - AWFUL

1.8

Applied for a property first.never view property. paid $45.00 fee.

Applicatin was never received by your screening company.I was denied by your leasing agent who never showed me the house and apparently was on vacation. he never returned any text or phone calls.When he did return my call he satated I was denied because my identification was never uploaded.Then he text me again and said I was not income qualified. In actually the application was never received by the screening company. The property I applied for on Dec 2.2013.The response time after that was Dec 12,2017.

I spoke with the office about the property and the leaseing agent. I was never once informed he was on vacation.I was never once told by any of the reps in the office that I was declined for any reason.I was given the screening number for results of my application. They informed me they never received my application except for when I apllied had applied for in June 2017. Which I never heard from the agent in regards to the property ,but my 45 dollars was taken.

The agent did not call nor did he attempt in anyway to assissit wiyh anyother property that may have been available.At least your other employs in your office,Daly and,Bejorn did offer to assist me. tey sent me to site for self viewing.I have contacted your corporate office with a complaint. They said they would contact me in 24 hour in regards to my complaint against your agent. I will follow0up Monday Dec18,2018.

I woul like David Juarez to be my agent to go too.He's with Invitation Homes.Now that you are combined maybe you can assist with this please. Can someone help me with leaseing a property.I have included everything I uploaded om application for waypoint. Does This make me not income qualified.plus I STILL DID NOT PUT MY SOCIAL SECURITY of $763 every month.

Why would your leaseing agent lie. Robbie Waters 7077206070

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Slow response, Disrespectful, Do not care about tenants, Unreliable.

Waypoint Homes - Your worst nightmare

1.1

I was evicted from the house i rented from this horrible company. They charged fees on top of fees.

They never gave you a chance. With the condition i went through in this house in Atlanta there should've never been a problem with me being late. The plumbing the air the heat the house was a nightmare and they fixed things but the people in management have no heart and i hope they reap what they sow. On rop of everything else rhey took my deposit and said i owe them 5 thousand dollars for everything from the hood on the stove to the cheap rug in the kitchen and the used carpet that was their when i moved in.

They also said that it was not cleaned out and that was a lie because it wss nothing to remove from the house. They are liars and theives.

And that man who calls himself well if he read this he will know what he is. God is watching and you all should go through the things you put others through.DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes did a illegal walk-through and locked me out

I moved in waypoint home for one year never hung a picture on the wall when my lease was up in June I went to meet the movers I paid up the whole month on my way back to Denver I was running late so I called waypoint to let them no I was going to be alittle late they said I had to reschedule I said can they do the inspections with out me they said no so I rescheduled but I still went to Denver because my sister live cross the street I had my home professionally clean and the carpet clean before left I go over to my house they locked me out and that Monday they sent my bill they took 1,500 Dollars they said they had to buy a dumpster to Houl remind you I was right across the street the whole weekend only thing waypoint could show was a shelf that was not wipe off they would not return my call are let me speak to any one this was the first time I have rented couse I owned my home its time for this to stop they can't take our money let's do something about this

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Waypoint Homes - Penalized for moving

2.6

My husband is in the military and is being stationed in a different state in 2 months. So the lease was up and he is moving in 2 months so obviously can't sign a new lease.

Waypoint is charging $500/month on top of our regular rent because he is now on a "month to month" basis. Thats pretty messed up. He can't control when and where the military moves him so what is he supposed to do?

Sign another lease and be punished for breaking it or be punished for telling the company he is moving away in 2 months. Rent is already high as it is and an additional $500 is ridiculous.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Awesome pet policy.

I didn't like: Being charged 1500 dollars for not moving on cue.

Waypoint Homes - Constructed/ unlawful Eviction

Vallejo, California I was told that I could eventually purchase a home through waypoint. Then the company merged with colony and the option was no longer available.

Then after 5 yeasr of paying rent monthly and at times 1 month in advance the property manager stated that I missed a month, 6 months ago, and gave me 3 days to double my payment. When I questioned the property manager she refused to take further payments.

I was hospitalized from the stress and waypoint evicted me while I was hospitalized. I am looking for an attorney before January 2018.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We'd be happy to take a look at your account for further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please email us your full name, review and IH property address to social@invitationhomes.com. Thank you.

Waypoint Homes - Worst company EVER

Waypoint Homes/Invitation Homes is the worst company ever!!! They are unprofessional, don't care about their properties nor their tenants and are NOT responsible!

I had an issue with my a/c, which I think is a pretty big deal, and if it wasn't for my husband and I being on top of them they would not care! We were out of our house for 7 days even with us being on top of them!

I've been in the home for 3 months and can't wait to get out of there. Not to mention I've heard from neighbors and MAINTENANCE PEOPLE that the company DOES NOT CARE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Customer Care.

Comments

They did the same to me. We are suing them.

Court date is in January. I suggest you do the same. Our deposit was over 3000 then they decided to take it all and charge us another 1000.

On top of that, we had to leave our home due to the major mice and cockroaches infestation. They tried to charge us for moving out early even though we were protected under tenant laws.

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We're so sorry about this. Please email us your full name, property address and review to social@invitationhomes.com. Thank you.

Waypoint Homes - Three year of ***

Just like all the other complaints if they did any repairs at all it was a cheap fix. At one point the electrical was dangerous with the main piwer shut off there was still arching going on finally sent a electrician he was new to Waypoint when he couldnt fix it in their time frame they told him to come bacjk the next day to finish He told them it was to dangerous to leave us overnight in those condition so he finished it I heard he no lo ger works for them they didnt care about my family didnt want to pay overtime at the end of my lease they want to raise the rent I chose to leave coundnt stand roaches cold winter and etreme heat in the some hardwood floors were horribe never never did anything in 3 yrs we started doing our own!! I have lots of pictures

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Home Leasing.

Comments

They did the same to me. We are suing them.

Court date is in January. I suggest you do the same.

Our deposit was over 3000 then they decided to take it all and charge us another 1000. On top of that, we had to leave our home due to the major mice and cockroaches infestation.