Waypoint Homes - COMPLETELY AWEFUL

This is one of the WORST companies you could possibly work with. For starters, not a single employee that works for them is pleasant or polite.

They are rude, slow to respond, disorganized, greedy slumlords! While living there we had several occasions that required the attention of our landlords and we requested phone calls more then 5 different times, and they NEVER called us back. They send you emails that seem to include very little detail about your actual issue and keep passing you around from one inept person to the next. We made several maintenance requests that were ignored, and now they are trying to charge us $2400 in damages on top of withholding our Security deposit.

Also upon moving out they claimed not receive notice to move out and tried to charge us an additional $1700 at time of move out. I had to spend three days proving to them I sent it. Thankfully I sent it originally via express mail so i had a receipt that reflected who go the notice. They never called me during the issue (despite my requesting as much SEVERAL TIMES) and once it was resolved I'd spent hours dealing with them and they couldn't so much as apologize!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS. A local motel would do better by you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Waypoint Homes in Riverside, California - Extreme negligence and terrible service from Jesse

Since moving into our home, we have had multiple leaks and plumbing related issues. We have been very patient, and used the their services consistently.

After a 3rd ceiling leak (this does not include the kitchen sink leak, the back yard flooding, the busted sprinklers in the front, the master toilet issues, or the daily loud banging of the pipes in the wall), I called asking for assistance with diagnosing whatever the major problem is in the plumbing that keeps causing these consistent minor issues. I am having a baby in 2 months and do not want to have to worry about bursting pipes, or loud banging pipes waking up the baby. The agent Gabby seemed very in terested in helping me and asked that I send a detailed emailof our issues. I did.

She eventually connected me with Jesse, which is when things got really bad. Jesse insisted that if our many issues weren't happening right now than they weren't an issue. When I tried to tell her that the banging, loud pipes were never fixed she insisted that this was only an inconvenience, and not their problem. An inconvenience?

This banging happens before the sun rises every morning and I am about to have a newborn! It isloud enough to literally wake u every family member in my 6 bd house. She consistently interrupted and spoke over both me and my husband, was super rude, and enthusiastically sarcastic. She said she didn't care if we reported her to her manager (whom she claimed to not have a name or contact information for...

or the corporate office) or if we reported the company to the BBB, housing authority, etc. She even went as far as to go on record stating that she and the company would be held liable for any damages due to this negligence. She was awful, nasty, and rude.

When we called back, another of her coworkers happilly provided a name and email for their manager as well as the corporate phone number. After reading many similar reviews, I do not have high hopes, but I will continue to pursue the issue until my home is sufficiently safe and disruption free.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Customer Care.

Comments

Sign up for legal svcs 15$ a month. They break so many tenant laws its insane.

The law states that you should have peaceful use. See tbe attached fl laws.https://www.floridabar.org/public/consumer/tip014/

You have committed a fundamental error in your handling of the complaints.

You engaged in verbal altercation with persons who are suited by temperament and training to agitate, delay and deflect customers.

All complaints must be stated clearly in writing and sent via Certified Mail return receipt requested.

Do not call, text message or e-mail anyone because you must establish a legally verifiable timeline immediately.

When you write, be factual, as brief as possible, and polite.

Do not clutter your complaint with personal details such as prenatal status, etc. You didn't state whether you rent or purchased the dwelling ; the list of obligations changes hands drastically depending on that status.

Waypoint Homes in Las Vegas, Nevada - Shady business, no communication

1.4

We left them after a year of nothing but trouble. We had to sign the lease before seeing the home (i am active duty military).

The house had roaches! Had to have them come several times to exterminate. Then asked for a home cleaning. Air unit went out in the heat of summer.

They stated they could not come for several days. We had to pay out of pocket for a repairman. The carpets had to cushion. It was low grade and glued.

Upon moving out we had the house and carpets cleaned. The carpet guy just laughed and said there was no point. This carpet was cheap and could be replaced for like $300. We moved out and got a bill stating that the estimated cost of all "repairs and claleaning" was $100 over our security deposit.

I write emails and phone calls to make sure they actually repaired and "cleaned" even though we hired people to clean before turning over the keys. No proof shown. Here we are months later, and i get a letter from collections for $331. They had my forwarding address, phone number and email and nothing Damn crooks.

Believe you me, i will definitely not be referring ANYONE ever. Las Vegas personnel are crooks and run a shady business.

Good luck. Your reputation precedes you now.

Waypoint Homes in Orlando, Florida - Is it worth it to try and get the deposit back?

After reading the reviews on here I’m debating on whether to do anything to the house at all! Why touch up paint and clean if the are going to keep my $1,300 anyway! Would you all clean it?

Comments

ohhh wowo I was looking for a home to rent .. because I have a emergency the is this bad??? 5111 wawa… I need a home 3 bathroom 2 bathrooms maybe in lake underhill or semoran or baldwin park or curry ford but this complains it look like every one is angry

No.it doesn't matter what you do they will get you.anyone that rent from this company will have a bad experiance.you name it.they done it.i am really surprise their still in business.i know that if I run my business this way.i would be shut down by some government watch dog already.this guy know someone who keep looking the other way.

Waypoint Homes - This company has literally ruined my life.

1.6

Please - PLEASE - do not rent a home with this company. You will regret it.

First of all, I had condensation on all of my windows in the house. I called and talked to the Office Manager at the time (Rebecca or Rachel, I think). I have never had that happen and I didn't know what it was. No one did ANYTHING about it!

Lastly, in the spring of 2014 - I had an emergency repair on my car that had to get done. I drive 140 miles round trip everyday. I am a single mother of two sons and I needed to get to work. I was late on my rent.

I called to them why. I told them I would be paying the late fee. They responded with a 3 Day Notice (which I already told them I couldn't pay for another week) and then sent me an Unlawful Detainer. I realize they have processes and procedures; so I called them; I cooperated.

I understood. And I paid them - everything. Including the late fee. I had to go to court anyway but we had already resolved everything.

I didn't owe anything. They were supposed to dismiss the eviction immediately. They assured me - numerous times that they would and that it an eviction wouldn't show up in my renter profile. I stayed there another 6 months - renting the house.

About a week before I moved out - the neighbor behind me (and above me) left their sprinklers on; flooding their yard and causing all of the dirt and mud from their yard to go right into my backyard. It was a mess. I tried to get their homeowner's insurance info to pass on to Colony but wasn't able to get it. I called Colony's office to try and tell someone what had happened.

I finally had to leave a detailed voice mail because I couldn't reach anyone. Wouldn't you know it - I get a bill for over $6000!! No detailed breakdown of exactly why they were charging this to me. I called them and they never provided me a breakdown.

I told them what had happened. It's not my fault that the neighbors sprinklers flooded their yard - impacting mine!. So fast forward - the rental I'm in now - I've been there for a while. Great place.

However, the owners are cashing in on the "sellers" marketplace now and will be selling the home. I need to find a place for me and my children and guess what??? This a#$hole company - never dismissed the unlawful detainer and I have an eviction on my public record - WHEN I NEVER WAS EVICTED. This is blacklisting me from any other rental properties.

My family and I are in trouble because of this - for something I didn't do. Now that I know this - I'm going to seek representation.

Please don't rent from them. I can't say enough bad things about my experience with them.

Reason of review: Mold and Lack of integrity to agreement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ineffective service, Ineffective services, Misrepresentation, Failure to correct health hazard mold.

• Deceitful Company

Waypoint Homes in Sacramento, California - AWFUL

1.8

Applied for a property first.never view property. paid $45.00 fee.

Applicatin was never received by your screening company.I was denied by your leasing agent who never showed me the house and apparently was on vacation. he never returned any text or phone calls.When he did return my call he satated I was denied because my identification was never uploaded.Then he text me again and said I was not income qualified. In actually the application was never received by the screening company. The property I applied for on Dec 2.2013.The response time after that was Dec 12,2017.

I spoke with the office about the property and the leaseing agent. I was never once informed he was on vacation.I was never once told by any of the reps in the office that I was declined for any reason.I was given the screening number for results of my application. They informed me they never received my application except for when I apllied had applied for in June 2017. Which I never heard from the agent in regards to the property ,but my 45 dollars was taken.

The agent did not call nor did he attempt in anyway to assissit wiyh anyother property that may have been available.At least your other employs in your office,Daly and,Bejorn did offer to assist me. tey sent me to site for self viewing.I have contacted your corporate office with a complaint. They said they would contact me in 24 hour in regards to my complaint against your agent. I will follow0up Monday Dec18,2018.

I woul like David Juarez to be my agent to go too.He's with Invitation Homes.Now that you are combined maybe you can assist with this please. Can someone help me with leaseing a property.I have included everything I uploaded om application for waypoint. Does This make me not income qualified.plus I STILL DID NOT PUT MY SOCIAL SECURITY of $763 every month.

Why would your leaseing agent lie. Robbie Waters 7077206070

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Slow response, Disrespectful, Do not care about tenants, Unreliable.

Waypoint Homes - Your worst nightmare

1.1

I was evicted from the house i rented from this horrible company. They charged fees on top of fees.

They never gave you a chance. With the condition i went through in this house in Atlanta there should've never been a problem with me being late. The plumbing the air the heat the house was a nightmare and they fixed things but the people in management have no heart and i hope they reap what they sow. On rop of everything else rhey took my deposit and said i owe them 5 thousand dollars for everything from the hood on the stove to the cheap rug in the kitchen and the used carpet that was their when i moved in.

They also said that it was not cleaned out and that was a lie because it wss nothing to remove from the house. They are liars and theives.

And that man who calls himself well if he read this he will know what he is. God is watching and you all should go through the things you put others through.DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes did a illegal walk-through and locked me out

I moved in waypoint home for one year never hung a picture on the wall when my lease was up in June I went to meet the movers I paid up the whole month on my way back to Denver I was running late so I called waypoint to let them no I was going to be alittle late they said I had to reschedule I said can they do the inspections with out me they said no so I rescheduled but I still went to Denver because my sister live cross the street I had my home professionally clean and the carpet clean before left I go over to my house they locked me out and that Monday they sent my bill they took 1,500 Dollars they said they had to buy a dumpster to Houl remind you I was right across the street the whole weekend only thing waypoint could show was a shelf that was not wipe off they would not return my call are let me speak to any one this was the first time I have rented couse I owned my home its time for this to stop they can't take our money let's do something about this

Waypoint Homes - Penalized for moving

2.6

My husband is in the military and is being stationed in a different state in 2 months. So the lease was up and he is moving in 2 months so obviously can't sign a new lease.

Waypoint is charging $500/month on top of our regular rent because he is now on a "month to month" basis. Thats pretty messed up. He can't control when and where the military moves him so what is he supposed to do?

Sign another lease and be punished for breaking it or be punished for telling the company he is moving away in 2 months. Rent is already high as it is and an additional $500 is ridiculous.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Awesome pet policy.

I didn't like: Being charged 1500 dollars for not moving on cue.

Waypoint Homes - Constructed/ unlawful Eviction

Vallejo, California I was told that I could eventually purchase a home through waypoint. Then the company merged with colony and the option was no longer available.

Then after 5 yeasr of paying rent monthly and at times 1 month in advance the property manager stated that I missed a month, 6 months ago, and gave me 3 days to double my payment. When I questioned the property manager she refused to take further payments.

I was hospitalized from the stress and waypoint evicted me while I was hospitalized. I am looking for an attorney before January 2018.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We'd be happy to take a look at your account for further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please email us your full name, review and IH property address to social@invitationhomes.com. Thank you.