Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I am so beyond unsatisfied with the sorry excuse professionalism that this company holds as a standard. I have lived in one of their houses for a month. When I moved in, I honestly thought maybe the property was going through some demo work still because there was trash everywhere in the front and back yard. The house was dirty when we moved in. We actually stopped moving boxes and cleaned the house before we could finish unloading everything. The house was advertised with grass in the front and back yard. Both yards are all mud and trash, it was horrifying to see what the house really was versus what they had it advertised as. (false advertisement to say the least) I was told by the guy that had let us into the house that he would give us 6 days to complete the walk through and didn't do the walk through with us. He left, and as we started walking around the house it just got worse and worse. I noticed that there was not a wall outlet that DID NOT have a smell fresh plug in, in it. So we started to pull those out while cleaning. We went to the old house grabbed the rest of the little things there and went back to the house we just started renting from waypoint and the house smelled horrible of wet dog, and animal pee and ***. With how long the house had been vacant, they knew about the terrible smell of the house and blatantly tried to cover it up instead of taking care of it so people who paid top dollar to move in didn't have to deal with it. At that point I started to run around and look at everything else. There are ants, spiders and wasps everywhere. Not to mention that we had seen multiple mice and could hear them in the walls. Then all the little things like the doors falling off hinges, the oven drawer falling out, the ice maker, base boards in the basement chewed up. If you stood at the right angle, you could clearly see the light of day to the outside of the house under some of the base boards.The list goes on. So I had emailed the guy (Jimmy Braden) that got us into the house in the first place with a list of things that were concerning. He basically stated that it was not his problem. So I asked who I should contact and he blew me off. Emailed him a couple more times about who to contact, and again he just continued to blow me off. So I started calling all the numbers listed online. I kept getting redirected so many times, I thought my head was going to burst. The property manager that was assigned to my location sends people straight to voicemail and you cant even leave a voicemail for him because the box is always full. All the other property managers never call you back. They leave messages in the system so when you call back asking to speak to them the rep will tell you that they said to do this and that. Well why cant they just do their jobs and service the customer as their title claims? I'm still getting the run around and it has been over a month. When they do send their crew out for maintenance, they dont do the whole job. They work half way through it, if that and say that they will return and never do. I have spoken to countless maintenance guys that work for waypoint and they blatantly tell me how terrible of a leasing company waypoint is. Saying that they have these type of complaints all the time. Not just with the way the property is presented online vs reality, but with their sorry excuse of customer service. And that they are famous for not dealing with it so the time passes that it becomes the tenants responsibility. When I had finally gotten a hold of one of the mangers John Lohman, he had assured me that all my questions and problems would be answered and dealt with. And if I did not hear back form him by a certain day to give him a call. Well not a shock that I didn't hear back from him so I tried to call him. Got ignored some more. I call back the following week to hear that he is on a vacation. FOR WHAT? Vacation is relaxation time off work, yet he has not done any work. I tried to talk to the infamous Freda that is also a manager and she also is on vacation.(after weeks of trying to get in contact with her and she never replies wont reply to calls, emails, messages, message sent by pigeon, nothing) Instead of having common respect for someone who helps pay her check by renting through the company she represents, she just leaves notes in the system for her reps to relay to me. That is not customer service. Then I get to talk on the phone with Christine Bobich, I wish I never did because that woman just made my head hurt. She was rude, kept talking over me and I could tell she is just miserable with her life by her tone and shortness with me. Instead of her trying to understand my frustrations, she just reacted by talking over me, making excuses on things she had no idea about. When I finally got fed up with her talking to me as if she has some sort of say so over my feelings, I mentioned to her about all the bad reviews on every review site for her company and she says "WE ARE VERY WELL AWARE OF OUR REVIEWS, THANK YOU!" As if she is proud to have such a terrible reputation with and of the company. She was extremely argumentative which has set my frustrations to the max, in return, motivating me to do this review and many more. Everyone that I am speaking to has an attitude with me like I should be ok with the way the house is. I pay 2x more then what this dump is worth, and paid a little over $4000.00 to get into the house just for it to be disgustingly dirty and trashed. The neighbors have told me that the previous tenants had 7 dogs and were breading more in that house. I full on believe that because the way that the house and yard looks. They came out and cleaned the carpets to try to help with the smell and it actually made it worse. I have had maintenance, sears, swamp cooler maintenance, exterminators and others in and out of the house for the last month. I am done trying to resolve these problems because I continue to get blown off so I am going to do my best to make sure that no one has to deal with the horrors of working with this company in the future. If I were to leave the house the way it was presented to me, this company would have taken my deposit and then charged me more. I should not be responsible for the mess of a previous tenant. When you call in, they say that they are the preferred rental company for single family homes. Maybe for section 8 housing because that is what it looks like except I pay rent, a very high amount of rent for what we are getting. I myself work in customer service. I'm 100% commission so if people aren't happy I dont get paid. Maybe their customer service managers, and all their managers should be on 100% commission instead of hourly so they can only get paid if they do their job because I can say from experience, they dont do their job very well at all. Steer clear of this company. They are the definition of false advertisement from the greeting you get when you call in, the service and to their housing conditions. I will go out of my way to make sure i dont recommend this company. And I did make them aware that I was going to call health and human services, I was not kidding about that. They will get back to me since no one at waypoint wants to take me seriously.
Show

Waypoint Homes - Neglect

Where do I start? Neglected my heating system for over a year it cut off and turned on when it wanted it had a mimd of its own it had my electric bill high each month amd every time they sent someone to fix it they said they couldn't find a problem..they owe me money and wont send me a invoice..

they also charged me a 250$ court fee every time i couldn't pay the rent online added with a late fee I paid them thousands of extra money. I am with the class act law suit reach out to me please!

Waypoint Homes - Awful rental company

We have promblem with our hot water we contact the company it took a week before they sent someone out when they came out we had to almost another week for a work order after the work order they came to fix it. We still had the same issue call them again another person came out still not fixed i told that i was getting a lawyer because they want their rent on time i want my problem fixed in a timely maner they sent another person out he fixed it.

Again i had the air condition stopped. Working i call spoke with rude person when i told her my problem she to me she will put in the work order she told me how it was going to take another week i told her that was to long of time she had the nerve to me the it not that hot that i chould'nt wait i told her now you telling me how comfortble i should be. Also after watching the news about waypoint home i live in Austell Ga they said that their eviction is the last resort it not because they evicted families in this subdivision a lot my husband i felt awful when a eviction took place two doors down from us it really hurt to watch the children get off the school bus to see all of their belonging in the yard.

Waypoint dont care about anything but money. The tenants as to have to pay for to maintain the yard for the amount of rent we pay they should be responsible for the yard give back do something for your tenants besides renting the home for more then they are worth.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Customer Care.

Waypoint Homes - As soon as my head stops spinning I'm taking them to court!!

$$$$$$$$$ a $5000 move out fee!! I was forced to pay before I could move to another place!!!

$2000 was supposedly for Debri removal!!! What debri?? I'm a single woman " not Sanford and Son" They reached out to me!?!

I have know idea how they new I was looking for a house. They suckered me into renting from them and after three years they managed to drop my credit score so low I couldn't live anywhere without paying this ridiculous amount of money to them!!

Waypoint Homes - Bunch of bastards

Rented from these people for two years nothing ever gets fixed ontime had to wait two weeks for my stove to be fixed moved out in july told me am not getting my $2200 deposit back now this is november got a letter tellimg me i owe them $2600 what about my *** deposit they took now am suppose to pay more money this is rididulous

Comments

They did the same to me. We are suing them.

Court date is in January. I suggest you do the same.

Our deposit was over 3000 then they decided to take it all and charge us another 1000. On top of that, we had to leave our home due to the major mice and cockroaches infestation.

to Sarah Dirkse #1431264

well this is my story I got alease form a person thar said this was they house gave me aleased keys and everthing just for waypoint to knock on my door and say you have 4 days to get I showed them a leased they said you be scam I said well I gave all my money to move in this house so I went to the court and waiting to see if I can get a change to stay for aleasted 45 day I got riped off

Waypoint Homes - Waypoint Middle Income Slum Lords

I've had a similar experience dealing Waypoint. I was to that the home was priced at top dollar due to the renovations and upgrades the house had undergone.

Shortly after moving into the home and providing and healthy deposit and the first month's rent,I learned that this was the furthest thing from the truth. I've placed numerous work order tickets from plumbing issues toilet leaks, thermostat malfunctions, landscaping, etc.

After about two months of placing numerous work orders with maintenance and finally refusing to pay rent until the issues were resolved, I was threatened with eviction, shut out of the resident payment portal "due to late rent" and and forced to make payments through MoneyGram. I've attempted to contact corporate in reference to these issues but have received less than satisfactory service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Waypoint Homes - Waypoint....horrible landlord....horrible maintenance.

1.3

Two rental renewals later....Waypoint proves to be an horrible management company. From day we moved in....HVAC issue due to inadequte unit per HVAC company (summer temps 100+, electrical issues that never got fixed, a maintence department that scheduled times...i left work....and they didnt show.

Gas/sewer smell never addressed...and we had to figure a way for the hvac condensation to drain outside instead of the garage .We request many times for the mesh wiring to be put up so that the pigens stopped nesting in the gutters...they told me that was my repair and if the birds caused damage....id have to fix.

All other problems with house were easier to pay for repairs ourselves rather than deal with Waypoint!!!! Don't rent from them!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Comments

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

We're very sorry to hear you've had a negative experience and would like to have the local Maintenance team contact you. Please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address at your earliest convenience.

You can send this info to social@waypointhomes.com. Thank you!

Waypoint Homes - Never fixed anything in home

My dauggter rent a home here in lehigh acres, fl. And had isdues with tgem couldnt get them to fix anything.

And eventuslly was evicted out of home. Her and her baby.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Customer Care.

Waypoint Homes - They are crooks all around

So your rent becomes doing the 1st they have an excel bill they give you no grace. On xcel like excel gives then ,And I will try and a Bhikshu for not paying the excel bill they will refuse your rent for non payment of the next cell bill and evict you they are nothing but highway robbery the amount that they charge you per credit card fees is way above the normal fee ,So basically this company is set up to take addvantage of people that are already struggling ,And they're making millions off of it

Comments

With that comment you just prove our point.

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Per your rental agreement, rent is due on or before the 5th of the month, therefore giving you a 5-day grace period. Just like with any rental situation, it is expected that the tenant pays their rent on time.

It is also stated in your rental agreement that if you fail to pay you rent on time, you will be charged with a late fee and subsequently legal fees if applicable. A lease is a legal document that must be followed by all parties who sign.

to WaypointHomes #1392586

*** waypoint

to Anonymous #1393549

Your nasty attude is why you are on the news now

View more comments

Waypoint Homes - Maintain guy are liar

The guys who come out to do the work they lied they left the parts and did not to the repair it a shame they also lies about how you leave the property.we left the property the same way we got the repair guy lie about the house so the company could kept my security deposit psy my rent on time no damage to the house they still kept my deposit when you call they give you the run around.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Waypoint Homes - No way no how awful company fraud

Waypoint Homes has frauded me and my family I have been receiving notices I am getting no call back from the manager and I have things that are no heater that has still not been fixed and I've been here since February of 2017 now I'm receiving letters to vacate and I pay my rent every month Faithfully since February 2017 this is horrible

Comments

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation with Waypoint, it seems a lot of people have been wronged by this scam of a company. Also, don't expect any of your money back from the deposit unless your ready to put up a fight. That's were I'm at with them now but at least I'm done and rid of them!