Valrico, Florida

My family and I were also taken advantage of my Waypoint Homes I am gathering information for my attorney so that we can file a class action suit against them if any of you have stories that you'd tell and prof of any neglect and or damage done by Waypoint please post to this comment and I'll get with you privately.and we'll go from there.

Let's get them if it is up to me the CEO Fred Tuomi will have NOThING left by the time we're done.They have caused permanent health damage to me and all the member s of my family due to the neglect of toxic mold.

I didn't like: Maintenance neglect led to health problems to residents, Scam artists, Misrepresentation, Illegal 10 day notice to vacate.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Neglect / Not specified
Preferred solution Settle for my deposit back no bill for any false damage charges payment of all medical bills both past and future, moving costs, compensation for time lost from work, pain and suffering

Had an Experience with Waypoint Homes?

Comments

Rwhite

This company is such a rip off.Originally a rent to own house part of the rent was to go towards down payment.

After a year they are getting out of the rent to own due to the housing market was going down and people were losing equity. We asked what happens to the monies that was supposed to go towards downpaymen and that we should be paying less...Shaun said we need u to sign the new agreement and he will follow up on our question. After months of trying to get an answer, they said they spend a lot on their properties and rent will stay the same.

We put around 6k downpayment on the property.

Always talked about taking them to court but no money to do so.

primmerfam7
Yakima, Washington, United States #1339701

Good Evening,

We too would like to speak with you and see if we can get in on this.We rented from Colonial american homes which during our rental period of time 2014-2016 they changed to "waypoint homes".

We rented in Las Vegas, NV and my husbands job moved us back to Washington state where we were originally from in Feb of 2016. We had to move during our lease, however everything was just fine, they said according to our lease agreement that we had paid 1st, last and damage deposit and deposit for our 1 dog. There was no lease breakage as we were moving due to a job placement out of state. We recently went to apply to another home and were denied due to them placing a hit on our credit for damages to the home which we did not do.

We had professional come in and clean the house and the carpets to prep move out. They made a list of damages that did not occur or need repair at all. No correspondence and a year later, we find it on our credit for over 3300.00 plus whatever the interest that it accrued with the collection company, since then we are now homeless and our family of 7 is having to live in 1 room all together in a family members home.

we would like to get on with this class action lawsuit.This company has ruined many lives and will continue to do so if we don't do something.

Seffner, Florida, United States #1336465

Everyone NEEDS to join this Facebook group if they have any complaints then the link can be forwarded to an attorney and the Federal Government

Seffner, Florida, United States #1336336

Does anyone have a proof of claim like pictures or emails records of phone calls? I know this has been slow going it is a process. If it makes anyone feel better I spoke to their attorney and he said that he was surprised that the President Fred Tuomi had not put a hit out on me yet.

to Kimberleyb68 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1336425

have you joined the Facebook group?Everyone has proof - working now to get in groups by state for "mass action" suits.

Also pushing government for change.

Going well so far.Just going to be a long process.

to Anonymous Seffner, Florida, United States #1336463

Please give me the name of the Facebook groups.They NEED to be stopped you know the really sad thing is that we did NOT have the money to move at the time that they kicked us out but we were able to borrow it.

This happens to so many people and they can't get the money what the *** happens to them?????Their attorney also made me sign a document that I would not post anything else on Waypoint's website and if I agreed they wouldn't charge my family with (imaginary) damages, but if I did they'd make up some outlandish number and bill us.

to Kimberleyb68 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1336482

Each person added MUST share their story or they WILL be deleted.The purpose is to help other tenants, organize legal action, provide research and data for those in the media who can share stories and/or legislators who can change law.

You can also follow https://www.facebook.com/MegaSlumlordIndustry/

where research is posted.

This is a bigger problem than just Waypoint.

They are corporate landlords who own over 30,000 homes they evict and lease again quickly to keep them "occupied" on paper for their investors, but have no interest in collecting rent and paying for maintenance.Waypoint Homes/Colony, American Homes 4 Rent, and Invitation Homes (Blackstone) are the big three - Invitation has 77,000 homes and counting.

Shona
to Kimberleyb68 Lake Worth, Florida, United States #1337277

I would love to be a part of this lawsuit

to Anonymous Seffner, Florida, United States #1336468

I'd love to speak to you or email you regarding what has been done so far and where we are and how I can help.

Shona
to Kimberleyb68 Lake Worth, Florida, United States #1337278

Please email me at courvasia @gmail.com