Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I am so beyond unsatisfied with the sorry excuse professionalism that this company holds as a standard. I have lived in one of their houses for a month. When I moved in, I honestly thought maybe the property was going through some demo work still because there was trash everywhere in the front and back yard. The house was dirty when we moved in. We actually stopped moving boxes and cleaned the house before we could finish unloading everything. The house was advertised with grass in the front and back yard. Both yards are all mud and trash, it was horrifying to see what the house really was versus what they had it advertised as. (false advertisement to say the least) I was told by the guy that had let us into the house that he would give us 6 days to complete the walk through and didn't do the walk through with us. He left, and as we started walking around the house it just got worse and worse. I noticed that there was not a wall outlet that DID NOT have a smell fresh plug in, in it. So we started to pull those out while cleaning. We went to the old house grabbed the rest of the little things there and went back to the house we just started renting from waypoint and the house smelled horrible of wet dog, and animal pee and ***. With how long the house had been vacant, they knew about the terrible smell of the house and blatantly tried to cover it up instead of taking care of it so people who paid top dollar to move in didn't have to deal with it. At that point I started to run around and look at everything else. There are ants, spiders and wasps everywhere. Not to mention that we had seen multiple mice and could hear them in the walls. Then all the little things like the doors falling off hinges, the oven drawer falling out, the ice maker, base boards in the basement chewed up. If you stood at the right angle, you could clearly see the light of day to the outside of the house under some of the base boards.The list goes on. So I had emailed the guy (Jimmy Braden) that got us into the house in the first place with a list of things that were concerning. He basically stated that it was not his problem. So I asked who I should contact and he blew me off. Emailed him a couple more times about who to contact, and again he just continued to blow me off. So I started calling all the numbers listed online. I kept getting redirected so many times, I thought my head was going to burst. The property manager that was assigned to my location sends people straight to voicemail and you cant even leave a voicemail for him because the box is always full. All the other property managers never call you back. They leave messages in the system so when you call back asking to speak to them the rep will tell you that they said to do this and that. Well why cant they just do their jobs and service the customer as their title claims? I'm still getting the run around and it has been over a month. When they do send their crew out for maintenance, they dont do the whole job. They work half way through it, if that and say that they will return and never do. I have spoken to countless maintenance guys that work for waypoint and they blatantly tell me how terrible of a leasing company waypoint is. Saying that they have these type of complaints all the time. Not just with the way the property is presented online vs reality, but with their sorry excuse of customer service. And that they are famous for not dealing with it so the time passes that it becomes the tenants responsibility. When I had finally gotten a hold of one of the mangers John Lohman, he had assured me that all my questions and problems would be answered and dealt with. And if I did not hear back form him by a certain day to give him a call. Well not a shock that I didn't hear back from him so I tried to call him. Got ignored some more. I call back the following week to hear that he is on a vacation. FOR WHAT? Vacation is relaxation time off work, yet he has not done any work. I tried to talk to the infamous Freda that is also a manager and she also is on vacation.(after weeks of trying to get in contact with her and she never replies wont reply to calls, emails, messages, message sent by pigeon, nothing) Instead of having common respect for someone who helps pay her check by renting through the company she represents, she just leaves notes in the system for her reps to relay to me. That is not customer service. Then I get to talk on the phone with Christine Bobich, I wish I never did because that woman just made my head hurt. She was rude, kept talking over me and I could tell she is just miserable with her life by her tone and shortness with me. Instead of her trying to understand my frustrations, she just reacted by talking over me, making excuses on things she had no idea about. When I finally got fed up with her talking to me as if she has some sort of say so over my feelings, I mentioned to her about all the bad reviews on every review site for her company and she says "WE ARE VERY WELL AWARE OF OUR REVIEWS, THANK YOU!" As if she is proud to have such a terrible reputation with and of the company. She was extremely argumentative which has set my frustrations to the max, in return, motivating me to do this review and many more. Everyone that I am speaking to has an attitude with me like I should be ok with the way the house is. I pay 2x more then what this dump is worth, and paid a little over $4000.00 to get into the house just for it to be disgustingly dirty and trashed. The neighbors have told me that the previous tenants had 7 dogs and were breading more in that house. I full on believe that because the way that the house and yard looks. They came out and cleaned the carpets to try to help with the smell and it actually made it worse. I have had maintenance, sears, swamp cooler maintenance, exterminators and others in and out of the house for the last month. I am done trying to resolve these problems because I continue to get blown off so I am going to do my best to make sure that no one has to deal with the horrors of working with this company in the future. If I were to leave the house the way it was presented to me, this company would have taken my deposit and then charged me more. I should not be responsible for the mess of a previous tenant. When you call in, they say that they are the preferred rental company for single family homes. Maybe for section 8 housing because that is what it looks like except I pay rent, a very high amount of rent for what we are getting. I myself work in customer service. I'm 100% commission so if people aren't happy I dont get paid. Maybe their customer service managers, and all their managers should be on 100% commission instead of hourly so they can only get paid if they do their job because I can say from experience, they dont do their job very well at all. Steer clear of this company. They are the definition of false advertisement from the greeting you get when you call in, the service and to their housing conditions. I will go out of my way to make sure i dont recommend this company. And I did make them aware that I was going to call health and human services, I was not kidding about that. They will get back to me since no one at waypoint wants to take me seriously.
Show

Waypoint Homes - They will rent to anyone

This company will rent to anyone. I have been living next door to one of their homes in Lansing Illinois and each renter they put in there is ghetto and brings a lot of traffic, trouble, cars, etc with them.

The current tenant has about 10 people living in a 3 bedroom home. Mattresses all over the house. You cant even tell who lives there and who doesn't. They are now driving through the grass to go around cars in their driveway.

Soon it will be a yard of mud and dead grass. The police has been called several times about this house. They leave broken down cars on the street.

They have roaches according to one of the 3 kids that lives there. The garage is so packed with junk that they cannot park their cars in it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: tenants are a huge problem for the community.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

These people are flat liars as I tried to past my lease to someone - they screen the new tenant and came back with her credit score not available and her dad sign with her and they never sent anything about him - you will not be in business long go ahead and change your name again

Waypoint Homes - Follow up waiting on contact

I am still waiting on contact from a manager. No one called back so I had to call in again. And now have been waiting for the regional manager to get involved and am still waiting on a call.

Pls stay away from Colony America/Waypoint Homes

Pls stay away. They buy neglected foreclosed homes, paint them and rent them out.

Our house was full of mold. My wife was pregnant. They would transfer you from one department to another to avoid having to deal with the service calls. We had a mold inspection done which we paid out of pocket.

They sent a company to come out to fix the affected area without quarentining the area. Mold spores everywhere. They put us (party of 4) and my wife 8 months pregnant in a room at the Hampton Inn. After 3 days, they did not tell us that they were no longer covering the hotel.

Finally got of the the lease. Had to pay for our own move. Had to pay a company to come and sterilize our belongings.

They didn't pay for much and were not very acccomdating. Pls stay away.

Waypoint Homes - Total scam. Hiring an attorney

Waypoint is a total scam. I would reccomend no one rent from these people.

They lie and dont care about their tenants. I cant wait to see them on the news again.

Waypoint Homes - HOA Scam - 3811 Fahrenheit Ct

My day in court is finally here! April 19th is the day I get to show the courts the HOA scam Waypoint/Colony/Invitation Homes (whatever name they go by now) pulls with their tenants.

It is the property managements responsibility to notify their tenants when the homeowner receives a HOA notice so the tenant can rectify said issue. Nope not the case at the Las Vegas office. Instead they receive the notice, do nothing, months go by and still nothing. Meanwhile, the owner is receiving the notice monthly!

Still no notice to tenant so issue still not fixed. A hearing is set, property mgmt company is a no show. A fine is assessed and is accruing late fee penalties monthly. Fast forward almost 2 years...the fine is now over $1000!!

So they say?!?! Hmmm ever hear of mitigating your damages?!?! The ironic part is the HOA rules I was given by my property mgmt company has nothing in there pertaining to what the original violation was for.

Well that’s the jist of it. I’m shocked after reading so many negative reviews this “company” is still in business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

#1520978

Same they did to me

Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hi - We would like to look into this further. Can you please email us your above review and the IH property address in question to social@invitationhomes.com? Thank you.

Waypoint Homes - Crooks, liars, thieves

What happened? I got tangled up with a bunch of liars.

When did it happen? I’m still after a year dealing with these crooks. Tried to talk to them? Multiple times with several incompetent and rude office staff.

I’m just going to tell you straight....run!! Dear God in heaven run and don’t look back.

These filthy creatures will challenge your sanity. At one point I had three different employees disagreeing with each other only to find out they were all wrong!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Customer Care.

Waypoint Homes - Repairs

please renters dont rent from this company. you will have regrets. Once again i call about issues. i had a schedule appointment today. No one showed up or called No one. i called and they said we sent you an email. i am at work---i cant check my email. They wanted pictures. THAT'S not my job to send pictutes. They send out maintenance workers who are dirty, ghetto, no manners and scary looking. Cheap workers- many look like they came out of jail.

i had an appointment from 12-4 pm once again no show. i waited no show. Then they are telling me i need to send pictures . I told them no. you send someone out to look at what needs to be fix. The people at waypoint home aka invitation homes can be rude.

Today was my only day off. they send me text before the day theyre suppose to arrive --- telling me they need poctures . i am at work.

They always have a problem keeping appointments and send people who does quality work .

i am not renew my lease-- they go up like 10% or more .

Beware of this COMPANY. They keep changing their name .

Colony Homes

Waypoint Homes Invitation Homes

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Waypoint Homes - So what if our representative tresspassed and vandalized your property... its not our problem

This company hired another company to act as their representative to trim a tree on one of their rental properties. The contractors who came out to trim that tree illegally trespassed onto an adjacent property to perform their work instead of performing the work on the property they were hired to work on.

There was permanent damage done to that property, and the contractors even made threats against the owners of that property. In order to be made whole the property owners have had to seek legal counsel. Over an hour worth of video and audio footage of the illegal actions of their representatives has been provided.

Waypoint homes is taking the stance that since it wasn't them directly who vandalized the adjacent property, then it is simply not their issue. Leaving those homeowners financially responsible for the damages caused by their representatives.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Have absolutely no integrity.

Waypoint Homes - Rats since hurricane Irma

Hurricane Irma caused a 100' tree to fall on our house.it crushed part of the roof that is still up repaired. They have sent out (too many) contractors to look at the roof, yet we have video of drops collecting in our hand.

We have threatened to sue many times, they have no clue. We have been renters for 4 years in our house. Always pay rent; dream renters. Now we have rats because the roof has been so bad since Hurricane Irma.

They will send Contractors out, but every quote is too much. THEN they served us an eviction notice....they have backtracked since that notice, but their own property manager said that our hou was uninhabitable....we have several photos and videos....

Comments

Same here ever since the hurricane we have had roof rates.....they set one trap and never came back and they are up there all night destroying our stuff and chewing through boxes .....our house has flooded 6-10 times due to recalled pipes never being fixed ....never changed carpets which are now moldy. House in ruins ....go check the FB group Tenants of Invitation Homes.....You can see our nightmare

Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to have a representative reach out to you. Can you please email us your full name, above review and property address to social@invitationhomes.com? Thank you.

Waypoint Homes - Frustrating for the neighborhood.

I bought my first home in 2015. One of my neighbors was in the process of selling his house.

Waypoint Homes picked up the property and began renting it out. It has since been rented out twice now and both times have been to large groups of people that blatantly do and sell {{Redacted}}. There is no legitimate screening policy and this company clearly doesn't give a *** about who they let in to our neighborhoods. It is a disgusting and terrible practice to allow companies to buy up homes in neighborhoods and ransom them out to people at everyone else's expense.

This company should be ashamed of themselves. I plan on exploring every avenue to have this blight removed from my neighborhood.

Comments

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We would like to have a representative reach out to you for further assistance. Can you please email your full name, review and IH property address in question to social@invitationhomes.com?

Each of our applicants go trough an extensive screening. You can view our rental requirements here: https://invitationhomes.com/Qualification-Requirements