Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I am so beyond unsatisfied with the sorry excuse professionalism that this company holds as a standard. I have lived in one of their houses for a month. When I moved in, I honestly thought maybe the property was going through some demo work still because there was trash everywhere in the front and back yard. The house was dirty when we moved in. We actually stopped moving boxes and cleaned the house before we could finish unloading everything. The house was advertised with grass in the front and back yard. Both yards are all mud and trash, it was horrifying to see what the house really was versus what they had it advertised as. (false advertisement to say the least) I was told by the guy that had let us into the house that he would give us 6 days to complete the walk through and didn't do the walk through with us. He left, and as we started walking around the house it just got worse and worse. I noticed that there was not a wall outlet that DID NOT have a smell fresh plug in, in it. So we started to pull those out while cleaning. We went to the old house grabbed the rest of the little things there and went back to the house we just started renting from waypoint and the house smelled horrible of wet dog, and animal pee and ***. With how long the house had been vacant, they knew about the terrible smell of the house and blatantly tried to cover it up instead of taking care of it so people who paid top dollar to move in didn't have to deal with it. At that point I started to run around and look at everything else. There are ants, spiders and wasps everywhere. Not to mention that we had seen multiple mice and could hear them in the walls. Then all the little things like the doors falling off hinges, the oven drawer falling out, the ice maker, base boards in the basement chewed up. If you stood at the right angle, you could clearly see the light of day to the outside of the house under some of the base boards.The list goes on. So I had emailed the guy (Jimmy Braden) that got us into the house in the first place with a list of things that were concerning. He basically stated that it was not his problem. So I asked who I should contact and he blew me off. Emailed him a couple more times about who to contact, and again he just continued to blow me off. So I started calling all the numbers listed online. I kept getting redirected so many times, I thought my head was going to burst. The property manager that was assigned to my location sends people straight to voicemail and you cant even leave a voicemail for him because the box is always full. All the other property managers never call you back. They leave messages in the system so when you call back asking to speak to them the rep will tell you that they said to do this and that. Well why cant they just do their jobs and service the customer as their title claims? I'm still getting the run around and it has been over a month. When they do send their crew out for maintenance, they dont do the whole job. They work half way through it, if that and say that they will return and never do. I have spoken to countless maintenance guys that work for waypoint and they blatantly tell me how terrible of a leasing company waypoint is. Saying that they have these type of complaints all the time. Not just with the way the property is presented online vs reality, but with their sorry excuse of customer service. And that they are famous for not dealing with it so the time passes that it becomes the tenants responsibility. When I had finally gotten a hold of one of the mangers John Lohman, he had assured me that all my questions and problems would be answered and dealt with. And if I did not hear back form him by a certain day to give him a call. Well not a shock that I didn't hear back from him so I tried to call him. Got ignored some more. I call back the following week to hear that he is on a vacation. FOR WHAT? Vacation is relaxation time off work, yet he has not done any work. I tried to talk to the infamous Freda that is also a manager and she also is on vacation.(after weeks of trying to get in contact with her and she never replies wont reply to calls, emails, messages, message sent by pigeon, nothing) Instead of having common respect for someone who helps pay her check by renting through the company she represents, she just leaves notes in the system for her reps to relay to me. That is not customer service. Then I get to talk on the phone with Christine Bobich, I wish I never did because that woman just made my head hurt. She was rude, kept talking over me and I could tell she is just miserable with her life by her tone and shortness with me. Instead of her trying to understand my frustrations, she just reacted by talking over me, making excuses on things she had no idea about. When I finally got fed up with her talking to me as if she has some sort of say so over my feelings, I mentioned to her about all the bad reviews on every review site for her company and she says "WE ARE VERY WELL AWARE OF OUR REVIEWS, THANK YOU!" As if she is proud to have such a terrible reputation with and of the company. She was extremely argumentative which has set my frustrations to the max, in return, motivating me to do this review and many more. Everyone that I am speaking to has an attitude with me like I should be ok with the way the house is. I pay 2x more then what this dump is worth, and paid a little over $4000.00 to get into the house just for it to be disgustingly dirty and trashed. The neighbors have told me that the previous tenants had 7 dogs and were breading more in that house. I full on believe that because the way that the house and yard looks. They came out and cleaned the carpets to try to help with the smell and it actually made it worse. I have had maintenance, sears, swamp cooler maintenance, exterminators and others in and out of the house for the last month. I am done trying to resolve these problems because I continue to get blown off so I am going to do my best to make sure that no one has to deal with the horrors of working with this company in the future. If I were to leave the house the way it was presented to me, this company would have taken my deposit and then charged me more. I should not be responsible for the mess of a previous tenant. When you call in, they say that they are the preferred rental company for single family homes. Maybe for section 8 housing because that is what it looks like except I pay rent, a very high amount of rent for what we are getting. I myself work in customer service. I'm 100% commission so if people aren't happy I dont get paid. Maybe their customer service managers, and all their managers should be on 100% commission instead of hourly so they can only get paid if they do their job because I can say from experience, they dont do their job very well at all. Steer clear of this company. They are the definition of false advertisement from the greeting you get when you call in, the service and to their housing conditions. I will go out of my way to make sure i dont recommend this company. And I did make them aware that I was going to call health and human services, I was not kidding about that. They will get back to me since no one at waypoint wants to take me seriously.
Show

Waypoint Homes - Water leak

Water heater is leaking. Rep said that it would be hard to get a texh out first thing in the am. Have to wait amd hopefull get a tech between noon and 5om

Waypoint Homes - Harassed Manipulated stressed out

Since I’ve been here the ceiling leaking from my upstairs restroom horrible plumbing problems we were in this house in the summer with no AC for 3 day in a 100 degree house until I left to go over my moms cause Waypoint kept saying the AC company is coming today then they are in their way I have a disable child here. I can name so many negative stressful things about this company from paying for plumbing out of pocket their vendors leaving trash in my yard for days and on and in

Waypoint Homes - Terrible

Didnt speak to anyone kitchen is flooded and heater not working

Waypoint Homes - Horrible Company

This company is the worst. We have had many issues with these people including what another renter posted with having issues with the irrigation system and getting high water bills.

We fixed the problem because the didn't want to. We have yet to receive any reimbursement we also had to replace grass because the HOA wrote us to say there were sparse areas in the grass and waypoint homes wold not do that either. Let us know there wer e not receiving notices from HOA until we moved into the property. Lies, lies lies we received more than one letter in the mail to the property where they had not paid the $1400+ HOA fees as well as a letter from a lawyers office showing a lawsuit because they had not paid finds and fees charges to them for the grass and other issues.

They are a ripe off for sure. I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish by merging with invitation homes they are all the same. If you are not addressing your renters issues and concerns what is the point. People do yourselves a favor and stay clear of th is place go rent yourselves an apartment or better yet by you own.

Mortgage is cheaper than paying these people rent. They have all sorts of fees and raise the rent on you anyway. FIND SOMETHING ELSE. Something definitely needs to be done about this company.

I can't believe the government or housing authority have not looked into this company with all the complaint and reports to the better business bureau. SHAME SHAME SHAME but of course no one cares about the little man RIGHT . Can't wait to move out of this *** hole and be rid of these people out of out lives. This is evidence of what I'm talking about.

They find ways to past all the issues on you the renter.

Why bother rent them is my question. Look else where if you know what's good for you or your in for a world of hurt and headaches.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes - DEPOSIT THEIVES swindlers. And we need to take them

They have THIS SYSTEM TO STEAL YOUR DEPOSIT AND THEY WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH IT! I HAVE PROOF! Add me to the lawsuit!

Waypoint Homes - Scam artists

1.3

Rented from Waypoint over a 2 year period. They will only give you a 12 month lease because they jack up the rent the second year, and the year after that.

In 12 months my rent went up just over $300 a month. The claimed it was the new market rate. After we moved out they dropped the rent down to even less than I paid. Obviously the market demand was not there.

They also have bad service contractors who all trash Waypoint if you ask their opinion. A water line broke under our house and the company never fixed it. They never fixed anything major.

They will fix a broken outlet or something cheap, but nothing major. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

I Put a $10,000 dollar down payment on a lease purchase from Waypoint homes in 2011 and in 2012 they decided to change up and not give me that option anymore and I had to sign a lease agreement or pay month to month.I s his legal and if not how did they get away with it.I had no where to go so I did what they wanted.They use this property as an investment property throughInvitation homes.MUngar

to Anonymous #1543839

Dear anonymous I also went thru the same thing with waypoint lease option 2011/2012 they tried to get me out of my option which was 8000 down and 500 towards purchase 2016 was served a 60 day notice because the property was sold to colony beyond pissed!

Waypoint Homes - Worst company ever.

1.4

I have had nothing but issues since day 1. Although I have only been renting since July 2017 my list of issues is a novel. I despartly want out of this lease and all the money and time this company has cost my family and I.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Waypoint Homes - Poor maintenance, destroyed my washer

We noticed issues the very first time we called maintenance out. There were rotten boards on our front porch and instead of just replacing a 2 x 4 they packed them full of putty and then painted them.

We ended up having to do the repairs ourselves. We had multiple ceiling fans that were grinding and they told us unless they stopped working that they would not replace them. I tried to explain it it was an electrical fire hazard and they told me that it was not. So I replace the fans myself.

The threshold on our garage door had rotted out and instead of replacing the casing they just packed it full of putty and painted it also. They had the wrong receptacle in our laundry room and after about 6 months to receptacle shorted out and it burnt up our washing machine. They told me that there was absolutely nothing that they would do about that and that it was on us. It was a very nice washing machine and it ended up costing me $700 to replace it.

I had to replace all the faucets in my house because they were all leaking or not functioning properly. Now that I want to terminate my contract they are charging me two months rent in order to get out of my contract and they refused to discount it at all with all the repairs that I have done.

Comments

Tenants have rights...all of you should have found a lawyer that would take this company to court...everyone should have moved out...not feeding into the extra fees.

Get a group of tenants together...hire a lawyer for a class action lawsuit to put them out of business! REMEMBER, tenants have rights!!!

Waypoint Homes - COMPLETELY AWEFUL

This is one of the WORST companies you could possibly work with. For starters, not a single employee that works for them is pleasant or polite.

They are rude, slow to respond, disorganized, greedy slumlords! While living there we had several occasions that required the attention of our landlords and we requested phone calls more then 5 different times, and they NEVER called us back. They send you emails that seem to include very little detail about your actual issue and keep passing you around from one inept person to the next. We made several maintenance requests that were ignored, and now they are trying to charge us $2400 in damages on top of withholding our Security deposit.

Also upon moving out they claimed not receive notice to move out and tried to charge us an additional $1700 at time of move out. I had to spend three days proving to them I sent it. Thankfully I sent it originally via express mail so i had a receipt that reflected who go the notice. They never called me during the issue (despite my requesting as much SEVERAL TIMES) and once it was resolved I'd spent hours dealing with them and they couldn't so much as apologize!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS. A local motel would do better by you.

Waypoint Homes - Extreme negligence and terrible service from Jesse

Since moving into our home, we have had multiple leaks and plumbing related issues. We have been very patient, and used the their services consistently.

After a 3rd ceiling leak (this does not include the kitchen sink leak, the back yard flooding, the busted sprinklers in the front, the master toilet issues, or the daily loud banging of the pipes in the wall), I called asking for assistance with diagnosing whatever the major problem is in the plumbing that keeps causing these consistent minor issues. I am having a baby in 2 months and do not want to have to worry about bursting pipes, or loud banging pipes waking up the baby. The agent Gabby seemed very in terested in helping me and asked that I send a detailed emailof our issues. I did.

She eventually connected me with Jesse, which is when things got really bad. Jesse insisted that if our many issues weren't happening right now than they weren't an issue. When I tried to tell her that the banging, loud pipes were never fixed she insisted that this was only an inconvenience, and not their problem. An inconvenience?

This banging happens before the sun rises every morning and I am about to have a newborn! It isloud enough to literally wake u every family member in my 6 bd house. She consistently interrupted and spoke over both me and my husband, was super rude, and enthusiastically sarcastic. She said she didn't care if we reported her to her manager (whom she claimed to not have a name or contact information for...

or the corporate office) or if we reported the company to the BBB, housing authority, etc. She even went as far as to go on record stating that she and the company would be held liable for any damages due to this negligence. She was awful, nasty, and rude.

When we called back, another of her coworkers happilly provided a name and email for their manager as well as the corporate phone number. After reading many similar reviews, I do not have high hopes, but I will continue to pursue the issue until my home is sufficiently safe and disruption free.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Customer Care.

Comments

Sign up for legal svcs 15$ a month. They break so many tenant laws its insane.

The law states that you should have peaceful use. See tbe attached fl laws.https://www.floridabar.org/public/consumer/tip014/

You have committed a fundamental error in your handling of the complaints.

You engaged in verbal altercation with persons who are suited by temperament and training to agitate, delay and deflect customers.

All complaints must be stated clearly in writing and sent via Certified Mail return receipt requested.

Do not call, text message or e-mail anyone because you must establish a legally verifiable timeline immediately.

When you write, be factual, as brief as possible, and polite.

Do not clutter your complaint with personal details such as prenatal status, etc. You didn't state whether you rent or purchased the dwelling ; the list of obligations changes hands drastically depending on that status.