Waypoint Homes - Three year of ***

Just like all the other complaints if they did any repairs at all it was a cheap fix. At one point the electrical was dangerous with the main piwer shut off there was still arching going on finally sent a electrician he was new to Waypoint when he couldnt fix it in their time frame they told him to come bacjk the next day to finish He told them it was to dangerous to leave us overnight in those condition so he finished it I heard he no lo ger works for them they didnt care about my family didnt want to pay overtime at the end of my lease they want to raise the rent I chose to leave coundnt stand roaches cold winter and etreme heat in the some hardwood floors were horribe never never did anything in 3 yrs we started doing our own!! I have lots of pictures

Comments

They did the same to me. We are suing them.

Court date is in January. I suggest you do the same.

Our deposit was over 3000 then they decided to take it all and charge us another 1000. On top of that, we had to leave our home due to the major mice and cockroaches infestation.

Waypoint Homes - Glossy new townhouse and it's horrible to live here

1.6

Hickory Station townhomes, Mt Juliet, TN Been trying for 3 months to get bathroom vanity missing piece repaired. Continue to have bugs.

NO ONE will tell me if the neighbors, taking up THREE no-parking spaces, will be notified to not park there. My neighbor has a PIT BULL. My neighbor leaves his trash next to my front door. The Operations Mgr was here, saw all these things, exchanged pictures and he, Evan, promised to ensure repairs were done in the next day, or two.

NOT. No one will return calls from the Nashville office - in spite of my emails weekly. This is just one of several ongoing issues that are not resolved. I HATE LIVING HERE.

As a homeowner, in another state, this is exactly the kind of landlord I would hate to be. Don't let glossy NEW townhouses fool you - you'll pay for it in so many other ways.My electronic door lock is broken again - it randomly opens. I am fearful for my security. It is another WEEK until someone can come out and deactivate it.

This is also a fee your sales pro will sell you on. I have spoken with Kendall, 20x, in the Nashville office. I have emailed, maybe 40x to Sandra Walters in Nashville.

James, one of the maintenance managers (?) has been here many times, and Evan, the Operations Manager here, with pictures, and promises. DON'T BE FOOLED - even my rental (READ: SALES) agent is gone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Home Leasing.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Property.

Stay Away from WAYPOINT HOMES... Money Hungry Company

Waypoint Homes does not care about their tenants. My AC unit went out and I was charged 98.25 for the repair.

I was not aware of this charge until August 30th when I received an email from Shawn Braxton. I have my rent taken out of my account every month (automatic withdrawal) they did not take my payment which I wasn't aware of and now I am being charged late fee etc. This have to be illegal. I am planning on ending my lease very soon.

They do not like to fix broken things but are so fast to charge you. I really hate this company... PLEASE STAY FAR FROM THIS COMPANY.

THEY ARE THE WORST. I had no problem when Capital rentals was in charge.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Gett, Being disrespected, Getting ripped off, Do not care about tenants.

Comments

WaypointHomes

Hello,

We are so sorry for the experience you have had. We have contacted your Property Manager asking them to look further into your account.

Waypoint Homes

Waypoint Homes - Where's my deposit?????!!!!!

1.5

Waypoint refused to do walk through although I attempted to schedule one a month before my move out. They said not necessary just leave the keys in the kitchen.

They then did their own walk through and wrote their own ticket and sent it to a credit collector agency. Who just asked for payment like it was cosigned by God. Charged me for the month I wasnt there repainting, carpets screens clean up remotes etc. They need to be put outta business why anyone would rent a home from them is beyond me.

They also keep changing the name of the company waypoint maybe had a year before they become something else do to the lawsuits. Beware consumers

Waypoint Homes - Zero regard for customer service - dishonest and rude

1.6

Update by user Aug 23, 2017

I want to note that it has been more than 20 days that we have tried contacting someone, anyone, via phone or email.

Original review posted by user Aug 23, 2017

This company has been rude, unwilling to help, and dishonest in their agreements. Below is my latest email to management, and after 3 days, no reply or phone calls back.

To whom it may concern, I was a tenant for 3 years at one of your properties. I want to start off by saying we had very few issues in those three year and treated the home as if we owned it (landscaping, upgraded the deck, fixed things that were not done properly before move in). We out-grew the home with the addition of our third child last year. I am going on my 15th day of trying to dispute a list of move out repairs.

At this point we have spent an obscene amount of time and stress simply trying to get an acknowledgement that an email or phone call was received. Here is the timeline of events documented in-case this has to be further disputed or escalated.(attached are screen shots of the calls made, they do not show the date but if needed I can provide the time and date records.) [Not included in this review] 11th of July - We had our pre-move out inspection done by Eric (no last name, Kevin Lewis @ Tampa office refused to provide). Eric did his inspection and said the house was in great shape, not to worry about painting as it would all need to be redone because they did it incorrectly before we moved in (painted over laminate with no primer). He said for us to spackle any nail holes, get the place cleaned, and replace any lightbulbs that were bad.

We proceeded over the next few days to have a cleaning service do a very thorough cleaning, replace light bulbs, sweep and clean the landscaping, fix nail holes, tighten door knobs and so on. August 4th - We received the receipt for our deposit, less things that needed to be replaced. We were told if we had any disputes we had 15 days to let them know. We did on August 5th and received no follow-up or acknowledgement.

[They deducted almost the entire security deposit] Copy of that email: Date: August 5, 2017 at 4:04:37 PM EDT To: tampa_clearwater@colonystarwood.com Hello we are not agreeing with the move out check list. We were told some different things from our move in and also from the gentleman that did our move out walk through. Listed below are our disputes. Rent- 295.81 (we paid the 1014.00 as stated in our move out letter via Heather Carpenter) Wipe down/Touch up paint- 250.00 (we were told by the man that did the walk through not to worry about painting or being charged due to the fact the previous crew didnt paint correctly it would all have to be redone anyways) Replace missing garage opener- 80.00 (we only had 1 which is missing) Rent Ready Cleaning- 176.70 (we paid a cleaning crew $160 to clean whole house) Hallway bath replace toilet- 25.00 (what was wrong with toilet?

was working when we left) Master bedroom patch carpet- 80.00 (where? Gentleman with walk through said nothing was wrong with the carpets) Exterior Screens Install- 120.00 (which and all screens are in the same condition as move in) We did a full walk through and was told the house was in great shape. We were also told that all we needed to do was patch holes, cut lawn and clean. After we received no reply to the email, my wife called the Tampa office and spoke to Kevin Lewis for the first time.

He said, email the generic email and someone should get back to you. He couldnt tell my wife if they even received our email and refused to look into it. He also refused to give any contact information for Linda Wilcox who is in charge of move out disputes and treated my wife like she was being bothersome for even asking. Again, all we wanted was confirmation that the dispute was received and would be looked at.

After several calls to Kevin he did give the phone number to his boss, David Ledger, whom my wife has left two voicemails and several follow up calls, of which have gone unanswered. I am appalled at the level of service and furthermore how we are being treated after 3 years of renting with you. We have never been rude or demanded anything outside of our contractual agreement. I work for a large technology company and I am well aware that the success of my business is fully dependent on customer service and our reputation in the market place.

I am sure there are many other tenants being treated this way out of your Tampa office.

Please validate this email was received and will be looked into. If I dont get a reply my next step will be to contact the executives at Colony Starwood/Waypoint Homes directly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Home Leasing.

Reason of review: kept my money and refuse to acknowledge my dispute.

I liked: Property.

I didn't like: Customer service, Management, Disrespectful, Upper management sucks.

Waypoint Homes - They squeezed every extra penny they could outta us

Fees, for everything, paying rent fee theres a 50$ paying rent fee. They are quick with an eviction notice 1st on a friday eviction notice on monday.

Theyre slow to fix things, or pay the bills included in your rent ie. GARDENER, WATER BILL ETC

Waypoint Homes - RUN AWAY

We have been residents with Colony American/ Waypoint homes since 2015. This initial move in was handled well but the maintenance problems far outweigh the benefit of the home.

We are paying a ridiculously high rent and are currently without electricity in the front of the house, no AC and my garage door is not working. Every time they send a tech out to look at our issues, it just extends the problem. We have a dish washer that does not dry dishes and the appliance repair guy they sent out actually had the nerve to tell us that was not a bad thing. This guy did nothing but stare at the dishwasher for 2 hours, touch the heating element then feed us a line about it.

He agreed with us when he left that it was not drying then told Waypoint it was. Complete BS. When I called to dispute this, I was told that was closed and we would need to create a new ticket. We sent a message to the "Charlotte" customer service about the year long problem we have had with the dishwasher and were told someone would get back to us.

NEVER HAPPENED! The tickets get closed every time they send a tech to make their service history look good meanwhile the tenants suffer. We have actually had service tickets closed and no service performed. Now we are stuck in dead summer with NO AC in 90+ degree weather with 40% humidity.

NO empathy from Waypoint or offer of how to help until they can fix the problem. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS YOURSELF.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Home Leasing.

Preferred solution: FIX IT.

Comments

WaypointHomes
#1352086

Hi Lisa,

All maintenance issues should be called into our Maintenance department, not Customer Service. Please give Maintenance a call at (888) 330-4969.

If you could also email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address, we'd like to inform the Maintenance Manager of the troubles you are having. You can send this to social@waypointhomes.com.

Waypoint Homes - Started fine, did not end well

I have been trying to contact my local office for 5 days now about some questions regarding the paint as we are ending our lease. Can I please have someone contact me as the local office is not responding to emails or phone calls.

They are also not good at taking notes and putting in our file as they said they would. This is getting very frustrating. We spoke with someone regarding paint and they sent us the wrong colors.

After purchasing enough paint to paint the whole house and realized they were different colors someone finally contacted us from maintenance (nearly 7 days later) to state they would not refund, and that we did not have to worry about painting and they would put a note in our file. No such note was found and there is no real documentation to prove we had this conversation except for looking through our call log to see date, time, and how long the conversation was.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Home Leasing.

Comments

WaypointHomes

Hello,

Can you please email us your full name, above complaint and Waypoint property address to social@waypointhomes.com?

Waypoint Homes - Run

We signed a lease for 6/16th with Waypoint. As of Friday 6/2nd we were notified there was a mix up with the tenant in the home and that we may not be able to move in until the end of the month?!

On Monday 6/5th we received a call that it was an error in paperwork and that we were good to go. Tuesday 6/6th we found out that they couldn't get in to the home and that they didn't know when we could move in?! Remember our lease STATES 6/16th!

I informed them that their mistakes aren't my problem and that this needs to be resolved. I guess they are clearly idiots and they then sent us an email stating they were voiding the lease( which is illegal) because we are unwilling to work with them.

Waypoint Homes - Rude and unprofessional

2.3

06/06/2017 This will be my second review on Waypoint homes. It has been a disaster since we signed the lease to moving out.

I just got off the phone w/ customer service of what is called Colony Starwood Homes. I spoke to a representative which I will not name but was rude and continuously huffed and puffed as I was trying to explain my situation to her. We recently moved out and got charged an additional $300 from our deposit for deep carpets/flooring when our move out instructions state that we must have the carpet cleaned professionally and provide proof of receipt which we sent to the Waypoint office in Charlotte TWICE! I have not received any calls or follow ups on our move out or inspection.

I've also emailed a representative over the move out process and did not get a response. I called the property manager yesterday and left a voicemail but did not get a response. This company has been highly unprofessional from beginning to end and I will not recommend this to any of my friends or family. Stay way from Waypoint homes and Colony Starwood Homes.

I probably had one friendly interaction with staffing that didn't feed us BS from the beginning and has been helpful with everything even with following up w/ the emails and voicemails. I've worked in a customer service field for years and not once have I ever treated my customer with such disrespect and no consideration to any of their concerns.

I've seen many reviews on this renting company and it's HORRIBLE! I do not wish to do business with this company nor should anyone else.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Poor service, Customer service, Not being tentative, Slow response, Sugar coating.

Comments

WaypointHomes

Hello,

We are so sorry for the customer service experience you had. We would like to know who you spoke to if you remember their name.

Additionally, we'd like to speak with your Property Manager about the carpet cleaning and ensure that they receive the receipt and provide a response.

Please email us the name of the person and your carpet receipt to social@waypointhomes.com at your earliest convenience so we can further assist.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1337080

They are TERRIBLE!!!! I called 4 days ago about a leak in the master bedroom and today I was told someone would be at the house between 10am amd 2pm and it's 425pm amd no I Day went or called to reschedule!!! In the meantime water keeps flowing in the bathroom from the roof leak!!!!