Waypoint Homes - 1646 Linden park Ln Aurora IL

1. 2nd time trying to view this house unsuccessfully

2. Keybox does not work

3. Customer service has far too many teleprompters.

4. Tried to get someone to come out to fix the box....unsuccessful

5. I had to take off work to do all of this...missing a days pay.

6. I have my entire family out here and they are also pissed.

Angry

Pls stay away from Colony America/Waypoint Homes

Pls stay away. They buy neglected foreclosed homes, paint them and rent them out.

Our house was full of mold. My wife was pregnant. They would transfer you from one department to another to avoid having to deal with the service calls. We had a mold inspection done which we paid out of pocket.

They sent a company to come out to fix the affected area without quarentining the area. Mold spores everywhere. They put us (party of 4) and my wife 8 months pregnant in a room at the Hampton Inn. After 3 days, they did not tell us that they were no longer covering the hotel.

Finally got of the the lease. Had to pay for our own move. Had to pay a company to come and sterilize our belongings.

They didn't pay for much and were not very acccomdating. Pls stay away.

Waypoint Homes - Repairs

please renters dont rent from this company. you will have regrets. Once again i call about issues. i had a schedule appointment today. No one showed up or called No one. i called and they said we sent you an email. i am at work---i cant check my email. They wanted pictures. THAT'S not my job to send pictutes. They send out maintenance workers who are dirty, ghetto, no manners and scary looking. Cheap workers- many look like they came out of jail.

i had an appointment from 12-4 pm once again no show. i waited no show. Then they are telling me i need to send pictures . I told them no. you send someone out to look at what needs to be fix. The people at waypoint home aka invitation homes can be rude.

Today was my only day off. they send me text before the day theyre suppose to arrive --- telling me they need poctures . i am at work.

They always have a problem keeping appointments and send people who does quality work .

i am not renew my lease-- they go up like 10% or more .

Beware of this COMPANY. They keep changing their name .

Colony Homes

Waypoint Homes Invitation Homes

Waypoint Homes - Rats since hurricane Irma

Hurricane Irma caused a 100' tree to fall on our house.it crushed part of the roof that is still up repaired. They have sent out (too many) contractors to look at the roof, yet we have video of drops collecting in our hand.

We have threatened to sue many times, they have no clue. We have been renters for 4 years in our house. Always pay rent; dream renters. Now we have rats because the roof has been so bad since Hurricane Irma.

They will send Contractors out, but every quote is too much. THEN they served us an eviction notice....they have backtracked since that notice, but their own property manager said that our hou was uninhabitable....we have several photos and videos....

Comments

Same here ever since the hurricane we have had roof rates.....they set one trap and never came back and they are up there all night destroying our stuff and chewing through boxes .....our house has flooded 6-10 times due to recalled pipes never being fixed ....never changed carpets which are now moldy. House in ruins ....go check the FB group Tenants of Invitation Homes.....You can see our nightmare

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to have a representative reach out to you. Can you please email us your full name, above review and property address to social@invitationhomes.com? Thank you.

Waypoint Homes - Water leak

Water heater is leaking. Rep said that it would be hard to get a texh out first thing in the am. Have to wait amd hopefull get a tech between noon and 5om

Waypoint Homes - Harassed Manipulated stressed out

Since I’ve been here the ceiling leaking from my upstairs restroom horrible plumbing problems we were in this house in the summer with no AC for 3 day in a 100 degree house until I left to go over my moms cause Waypoint kept saying the AC company is coming today then they are in their way I have a disable child here. I can name so many negative stressful things about this company from paying for plumbing out of pocket their vendors leaving trash in my yard for days and on and in

Waypoint Homes - Horrible Company

This company is the worst. We have had many issues with these people including what another renter posted with having issues with the irrigation system and getting high water bills.

We fixed the problem because the didn't want to. We have yet to receive any reimbursement we also had to replace grass because the HOA wrote us to say there were sparse areas in the grass and waypoint homes wold not do that either. Let us know there wer e not receiving notices from HOA until we moved into the property. Lies, lies lies we received more than one letter in the mail to the property where they had not paid the $1400+ HOA fees as well as a letter from a lawyers office showing a lawsuit because they had not paid finds and fees charges to them for the grass and other issues.

They are a ripe off for sure. I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish by merging with invitation homes they are all the same. If you are not addressing your renters issues and concerns what is the point. People do yourselves a favor and stay clear of th is place go rent yourselves an apartment or better yet by you own.

Mortgage is cheaper than paying these people rent. They have all sorts of fees and raise the rent on you anyway. FIND SOMETHING ELSE. Something definitely needs to be done about this company.

I can't believe the government or housing authority have not looked into this company with all the complaint and reports to the better business bureau. SHAME SHAME SHAME but of course no one cares about the little man RIGHT . Can't wait to move out of this *** hole and be rid of these people out of out lives. This is evidence of what I'm talking about.

They find ways to past all the issues on you the renter.

Why bother rent them is my question. Look else where if you know what's good for you or your in for a world of hurt and headaches.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes - Scam artists

1.3

Rented from Waypoint over a 2 year period. They will only give you a 12 month lease because they jack up the rent the second year, and the year after that.

In 12 months my rent went up just over $300 a month. The claimed it was the new market rate. After we moved out they dropped the rent down to even less than I paid. Obviously the market demand was not there.

They also have bad service contractors who all trash Waypoint if you ask their opinion. A water line broke under our house and the company never fixed it. They never fixed anything major.

They will fix a broken outlet or something cheap, but nothing major. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes House Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

I Put a $10,000 dollar down payment on a lease purchase from Waypoint homes in 2011 and in 2012 they decided to change up and not give me that option anymore and I had to sign a lease agreement or pay month to month.I s his legal and if not how did they get away with it.I had no where to go so I did what they wanted.They use this property as an investment property throughInvitation homes.MUngar

to Anonymous #1543839

Dear anonymous I also went thru the same thing with waypoint lease option 2011/2012 they tried to get me out of my option which was 8000 down and 500 towards purchase 2016 was served a 60 day notice because the property was sold to colony beyond pissed!

Waypoint Homes - Poor maintenance, destroyed my washer

We noticed issues the very first time we called maintenance out. There were rotten boards on our front porch and instead of just replacing a 2 x 4 they packed them full of putty and then painted them.

We ended up having to do the repairs ourselves. We had multiple ceiling fans that were grinding and they told us unless they stopped working that they would not replace them. I tried to explain it it was an electrical fire hazard and they told me that it was not. So I replace the fans myself.

The threshold on our garage door had rotted out and instead of replacing the casing they just packed it full of putty and painted it also. They had the wrong receptacle in our laundry room and after about 6 months to receptacle shorted out and it burnt up our washing machine. They told me that there was absolutely nothing that they would do about that and that it was on us. It was a very nice washing machine and it ended up costing me $700 to replace it.

I had to replace all the faucets in my house because they were all leaking or not functioning properly. Now that I want to terminate my contract they are charging me two months rent in order to get out of my contract and they refused to discount it at all with all the repairs that I have done.

Comments

Tenants have rights...all of you should have found a lawyer that would take this company to court...everyone should have moved out...not feeding into the extra fees.

Get a group of tenants together...hire a lawyer for a class action lawsuit to put them out of business! REMEMBER, tenants have rights!!!

Waypoint Homes - COMPLETELY AWEFUL

This is one of the WORST companies you could possibly work with. For starters, not a single employee that works for them is pleasant or polite.

They are rude, slow to respond, disorganized, greedy slumlords! While living there we had several occasions that required the attention of our landlords and we requested phone calls more then 5 different times, and they NEVER called us back. They send you emails that seem to include very little detail about your actual issue and keep passing you around from one inept person to the next. We made several maintenance requests that were ignored, and now they are trying to charge us $2400 in damages on top of withholding our Security deposit.

Also upon moving out they claimed not receive notice to move out and tried to charge us an additional $1700 at time of move out. I had to spend three days proving to them I sent it. Thankfully I sent it originally via express mail so i had a receipt that reflected who go the notice. They never called me during the issue (despite my requesting as much SEVERAL TIMES) and once it was resolved I'd spent hours dealing with them and they couldn't so much as apologize!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS. A local motel would do better by you.