Waypoint Homes - HOA Scam - 3811 Fahrenheit Ct

My day in court is finally here! April 19th is the day I get to show the courts the HOA scam Waypoint/Colony/Invitation Homes (whatever name they go by now) pulls with their tenants.

It is the property managements responsibility to notify their tenants when the homeowner receives a HOA notice so the tenant can rectify said issue. Nope not the case at the Las Vegas office. Instead they receive the notice, do nothing, months go by and still nothing. Meanwhile, the owner is receiving the notice monthly!

Still no notice to tenant so issue still not fixed. A hearing is set, property mgmt company is a no show. A fine is assessed and is accruing late fee penalties monthly. Fast forward almost 2 years...the fine is now over $1000!!

So they say?!?! Hmmm ever hear of mitigating your damages?!?! The ironic part is the HOA rules I was given by my property mgmt company has nothing in there pertaining to what the original violation was for.

Well that’s the jist of it. I’m shocked after reading so many negative reviews this “company” is still in business.

#1520978

Same they did to me

Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hi - We would like to look into this further. Can you please email us your above review and the IH property address in question to social@invitationhomes.com? Thank you.

Waypoint Homes - Constructed/ unlawful Eviction

Vallejo, California I was told that I could eventually purchase a home through waypoint. Then the company merged with colony and the option was no longer available.

Then after 5 yeasr of paying rent monthly and at times 1 month in advance the property manager stated that I missed a month, 6 months ago, and gave me 3 days to double my payment. When I questioned the property manager she refused to take further payments.

I was hospitalized from the stress and waypoint evicted me while I was hospitalized. I am looking for an attorney before January 2018.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We'd be happy to take a look at your account for further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please email us your full name, review and IH property address to social@invitationhomes.com. Thank you.

Also a family of huge negligence from Waypoint homes

After returning home after hurricane Irma our family returned to functioning the home as in the washer, shower, ect. Sewer started backing up from bathtub and toilet then onto floor.

1st call made September 18th around 4ish they said we will send someone out. Needless to say sewer is very toxic and diseaseful to breathe in and with that being said i left my home with my two younger son's and my husband waited around by our neighbors and soon enough 8pm came and he just met up with us at my mother's house and we all ended up staying the night. No one ended up calling, no nothing. Following day i returned back to my home as my dog was still at home and obviously needed to care for her and wanted to open windows and put more bleach down.

Well now it's next day September 19th and i bring a friend with me and it's now real bad. Sewer water is now flooding out front door of house and garage door of home and managed to run all the way to out front of garage and create its in little puddle. Now I'm a frantic mess trying to grab every towel blanket I own to save my kids stuff I'm on speaker phone to once again Waypoint Homes maintenance line now telling them how bad it has gotten and that i need someone hear like right now, no more waiting time and that someone was suppose to come day before. Now this lady is telling me very rudely and didnt give a crap what was going on.

She told me this, listen we did not receive no work order yesterday and i have everyone out on the work field and you will be even lucky i can get someone out the next day between 12 and 4. I told this lady you can't be serious one your telling me my husband is a liar and i was outside with him while speaking upon this and he also had noted he does this kind of stuff for a living and if you don't get hear soon its going to end up real bad and guess what it's really bad as im telling her while letting her also listen to me splashing the entire home in sewer water and asking her if she gets what sewer water is. Also i stated before coming to the home i had to quickly return back to my sons school to get him from being so sceptical of getting sick and he was puking in the school cafeteria and also how i have an autoimmune disease. After a long battle of speaking to this lady she puts me on hold and then i got hung up on!

Much more to tell on this because it's a whole lot involved. Needless to say a plumber next day i was so lucky to get, what a joke. Then later find out nope its now coming up both bathrooms now plus its also entrapped into everything. Now hear we go again on the phone to waypoint homes maintenance and again they say we are sending someone out.

Nope no one called, no one came. Then the 10th day a home service company came out and oh my he kept running out home for air in between mostiure readings, which was 100% up to top of walls. He ended up passing the job into the next company because all flooring, walls, bathroom, kitchen ect needed to be ripped out and sewer is the worst to come across, im fact the next company that came all masked up said we even gave up this work order because which he said I'd rather live in a black molded home than deal with sewer. Everyone that came to home felt so bad and was praying for our family.

After a 3rd time waypoint finally agreed to send a tv camera down under to take a look after now two other times with reoccurring sewer back up flooding each time. So Sure enough pipes were busted underground under the home. They just finally finished the plumbers yesterday October 30th. They went from both my son's room literally from inside to underground to all the way outside to the far side fence.

Not only waypoint maintenance had numerous phone calls i went to the actual clearwater location office and of which only one has brains in there. I vented and stressed enough to them about everything going on. I even told and showed them my toes ive been to the doctor now twice of catching a toe fungus infection and needed to talk to the protery manager and ended up getting straight lied to my face eventually that he wasnt there. Okay yeah like im going to believe on a monday the property manager isn't here.

Then to even set an appointment with the property manager with the soonest wasn't until October 26th, like are you kidding me. This is a big deal. It's a non livable home all the way around and did i mention everything we own we lost from this, literally everything!! I have every bit of everything documented to call logs to videos to pictures to different companies coming to the home.

We haven't been in home from September 18th to ongoing which today is October 31st 2017. Huge negligence from them and also the well aware of a humongous elephant tree about to fall through home also. We also got a lawyer and served them today in person!

I'd love to jump on this lawsuit and get our lawyers together!! My email is luckylady021@yahoo.com, thank you!

Resolved: Waypoint Homes - Horrible, Lying, Deceitful Company

Resolved
3.8
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 07, 2017

I logged into my account and noticed that there is a credit balance.

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2017

I moved into a Waypoint Homes rental. A month later I received a bill for trash service.

The problem is we have not received trash service from the company. I emailed the property manager and after a bit of back an forth, the property manager agreed to credit the account. I paid my rent and the fee remained but I decided to allow them time to rectify the situation. In the meantime, we still aren't getting trash service, had no idea when the trash was supposed to be picked up and had not received trash cans (remember this this is important).

The property manager finally advises when our service is to begin and advises that we are to set our trash bags on the curb for pickup until the trash cans are delivered. Okay, great! The trash company never picked up our trash. We went out side and the trash bag had burst open so now we have to clean freaking trash up off of the street and driveway.

I email the property manager again several times and she finally gives me the number to the trash service company. I contact them and they advise that they don't pick up trash bags, it must be in a receptacle. What?!?! I ask why am I being billed for trash service if the company will not even pick up a trash bag?

What sense does that make? The representative then tells me she will credit the account for 3 weeks of service. At this point I have received two bills from Waypoint Homes/Conservice for two months of service; however, the trash service company only has that I have been a customer for 3 weeks. The best part is the trash service representative advised the company charges $17 a month and Waypoint Homes/Conservice is charging me $31.

What in the entire ***? I have months of emails between the property manager and myself with VARIOUS other individuals within the company where the property manager advised twice that she would refund the fee. Here we are almost two months later and guess what? The fees are still listed on my account.

They have it set up where you cannot even pay your rent unless you pay the fee. Waypoint Homes is such a dishonest, unethical company. I cannot believe that I did not think to read the reviews before I leased with them. They will never retain quality renters because their practices are predatory.

I read the reviews of this company too late and, please believe me when I say the negative reviews are ALL TRUE. Waypoint Homes has earned and continues to earn their bad reputation. I can understand being skeptical about the negative reviews but if you search the company you will encounter a multitude of bad reviews that have similar stories about their practices.

One or two people can lie but if the same type of issues are encountered there is definitely truth there. It's a shame because their homes are aesthetically beautiful.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Preferred solution: Deliver on what the property manager promised. Be true to your word..

I didn't like: Deceitful, No integrity.

Comments

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

We are so sorry to hear about the trash billing issues you are experiencing. At your earliest convenience, please forward us the above mentioned email communication to social@waypointhomes.com. Please be sure to include your above review and Waypoint property address as well.

Bosslady78
to WaypointHomes #1366723

Just stop it. Do not try to give the impression that Waypoint Homes ACTUALLY cares about resolving an issue because you do not. Social@waypointhomes.com has been CC'd on the email exchsnge sine the beginning.

Waypoint Homes - BEWARE - Waypoint uses YOUR deposit to fix THEIR issues.

BEWARE - The property management at Waypoint Homes is unfair, and arbitrary. We were charged trip fees for service calls to fix shoddy work from the landlords terrible remodel.

The property management requested that all complaints be in writing, but refused to respond to written complaints, or ignored the arguments entirely. BEWARE Waypoint uses YOUR deposit to fix THEIR issues. At moveout, the property management charged exorbitant fees for miniscule things that were not the tenants responsibility. We were charged $30 to replace a kitchen sink strainer that was never present at move-in.

We were charged $400 to paint one wall that we didnt touch, or damage in any way. We were charged an extra $100 that is unaccounted for anywhere in their statements. BEWARE The property management waits until after you move out to assess any damages. We requested a walkthrough at move-out to address any issues.

The agent for the property manager said he saw no issues with the property, yet we received a $900 bill for damages. BEWARE The Property management ignored our updated forwarding address, and mailed the claim to an old address causing delays in our ability to respond.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Reason of review: Deposit Refund.

I liked: Disrespectful.

I didn't like: Awful staff, Getting ripped off, Slow response.

Comments

You can take them to small claims court to get your deposit back.

We are dealing with this exact same thing. We have sent emails, called customer service, left voicemails for managers. Not a single call or email back.

You're right, they kept my deposits to fix the house that's already been broken even before I moved in to the house.

Waypoint Homes - They dont care about tenants

1.4

As soon as we stepped into to the door agent told us "we have only an hour, I'll show you what I have time for - and the rest you have to call our office" - is this your welcome?? I have called Tampa office asking to speak to property management - no call backs - no answer to emails!!!!

Called maint - I have heard all the excuses - no actions!!! Issue #1 MAJOR. July 31- AC blowing HOT air. Someone came to look at the unit went home.

At the moment is Friday Aug 03 - 700PM still no AC!!! Attached pic of temp inside house. Temp is 89F!!!!! I have been given 2 small portable temporary units AFTER BEGGING FOR 3 DAYS on Thursday nite.

They can barely cool the bedroom off. When I called asking for one more - as it is 3 bedroom almost 1400sqft home I was told - "you only get two"!!! We already went with our daughter to urgent child care as she was hot, pale, throwing up - heat exhaustion We have a dog. She is not herself.

I am keeping an eye on her. To cool her off we are sitting in running car with ac on. If I have to I will go to vet. I am wondering who will pay for all those bills??

We cannot sleep at nite due to its is to HOT. My job requires me to do a lot of driving - I can't be driving with minimum to no sleep!!!! Is anybody going to care and help us???!!! Issue #2 Microwave wasn't working - just got replaced Thursday nite.

Issue #3 Dishwasher wasn't working - was replaced Tuesday afternoon Issue #4 Leaking kitchen faucet- just got fixed Thursday nite. Issue #5 Bathroom cabinet is in very bad shape. Bottom shelf and sidewall are cracked. Door material is peeling of, rubber material is peeling off.

When I showed it to agent which was showing us home - his response - "it is only cosmetic" - seriosuly??? Issue #6 Bedroom ceiling has big water stain. Maintenance showed up on Thursday and spray painted the stain white hoping there is no leak. Issue #7 Garage has plenty of nasty stains.

Some of them are not from the car. Walls are dirty. Garage door does not have emergency release cord Issue #8 Master bathroom - shower head cover gasket has rust on it - and again as per your agent - "it's only cosmetic"!!! Issue #9 Place was filthy - not vacuumed not mopped!!!!

Issue # 10 Agent was soo busy to get out - he didn't have time to setup my "smart devices ". He just told me to download some app and that I have to go to portal to get my temp passwords or wait for email.

My smart deadbolt was not setup - I am paying for it - but i can't use it!!!!! In few words - this is how "WaipontHomes" welcomes you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Comments

WaypointHomes

Hello,

We would like to take a look at your account to see what is going on with your A/C and to escalate your whole complaint to the Property Manager. Please email us your full name, complaint and Waypoint property address to social@waypointhomes.com.

In regards to your SmartHome features, this is something you need to set up on your own. The instructions are available on our website here: http://blog.waypointhomes.com/resident-smarthome-management-guide/

Waypoint Homes - Unethical

1.1

I moved into my home rented from Waypoint. I had a problem with the heater.

It took the rental company about two week to get someone out to our home. We had no more issues until we moved out. The day we moved out we paid the amount of rent that was owed. I spoke with Marjorie Randolph (property manager in GA) and confirmed the payment.

I had a zero balance owed to Waypoint on the day I moved out and did my walk through. A few weeks later I received only part of my security deposit back. At that time they stated I owed money for rent. I tried to contact the company but their people refused to talk to me.

I went into the local office twice to talk to Ms. Randolph but she refused to talk to me. The company took possession of the home June 2 and rented it out that month. They charged me for rent for the rest of the month even though someone else is living in the home.

I called the main office and they said Jon Cooke would contact me within 24 hrs. He never did. I called back and Sam answered the phone and refused to discuss my case with me or provide me any information on how to resolve this issue and hung up on me. When I called back to see if someone else could help Sam answered the phone again and he refuses to give me any information.

Everyone at Waypoint is refusing to speak to me or refund my money that is owed to me. DO NOT rent from this company.

They do not manage their properties ethically. There are many other rental companies that communicate with their renters and do not steal money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Waypoint Homes - Disrespectful Manager

I moved out of one of the homes that I was renting made sure that everything was cleaned and returned back to them the way I received it. I received my deposit check in the mail and it was 980.00 less than what I was expecting.

I had to call the office 6 times to finally get in Touch with Giselle Roig whom was very rude disrespectful and none helpful. She cut me off when all I asked this woman was a question she was unwilling to answer anything that was asked and stated that she would disconnect he call even thought I hadn't used not one word of profanity with her all I wanted to know is what were the charges for. When I asked to speak to someone above her she stated to me that she was it and that there was no one else to speak with because she was the manager. This is the most unprofessional person I have ever had to deal with that works in a position of authority.

They need to send their staff to a training class to learn how to speak with the customers.

All she had to do was listen and that was a problem and even when I brought to her attention that I am the paying customer she was still rude and disrespectful. I will tell anyone in the South Florida area DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE YOU WILL REGRET IT TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Comments

WaypointHomes

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear about the experience you had with Giselle. It is correct that she is the Property Manager and there would not have been someone above her to speak with.

We would be happy to email you a copy of your ledger, which breaks down the charges. Please email us your full name, complaint and your Waypoint property address so we can do so.

Resolved: Waypoint Homes - Property Manager Review

Resolved
4.3

Update by user May 01, 2017

Waypoint/Starwood came and replaced the warranty parts- no longer freezing over and was resolved. Thank you

Original review posted by user Apr 22, 2017

We have had an AC issue for over a year! We can't even get hold of the local property manager to address the issue.

We have been on time paying customers and have resorted to moving into a hotel due to the AC freezing over over 20 times. It is clear the unit needs to be replaced yet Waypoint Homes continues to put bandaids rather than resolve the issue once and for all.

The AC unit freezes over no matter what they have done- it's time to hold yourselves accountable. We plan on taking legal action

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

WaypointHomes
#1319750
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Hello - We'd like to speak with your Property and Maintenance Managers about your AC issues and hopefully come to a resolution. If you could please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address to social@waypointhomes.com it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Waypoint Homes

Waypoint Homes - Property Manager Review

I don't know where to begin. The property manager is rude and disrespect.

Before Way Point took over I never had any problems,Way point took over the rent increased ridiculously If I called them to have something fix they would add it to my rent .The property manager had my family and I wrongfully evicted She is a very nasty person .Way point add on late fees and attorney fees to the rent even if it is a few days late .There is no one to talk with you call ,and everyone says that there's nothing they can do.

I have had nothing but problems since they took over .I have lived in my house for years. When they took over its been nothing but Financial burdens ,and to make matters worse i wasn't behind in my rent .The property manager send my rent money back and a week later i received a 24 hour eviction notice.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1259222

Reviews are a great to find out who to stay away from!! I will not be taken the house that I planned on... thank you!