Waypoint Homes - They will rent to anyone

This company will rent to anyone. I have been living next door to one of their homes in Lansing Illinois and each renter they put in there is ghetto and brings a lot of traffic, trouble, cars, etc with them.

The current tenant has about 10 people living in a 3 bedroom home. Mattresses all over the house. You cant even tell who lives there and who doesn't. They are now driving through the grass to go around cars in their driveway.

Soon it will be a yard of mud and dead grass. The police has been called several times about this house. They leave broken down cars on the street.

They have roaches according to one of the 3 kids that lives there. The garage is so packed with junk that they cannot park their cars in it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: tenants are a huge problem for the community.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

These people are flat liars as I tried to past my lease to someone - they screen the new tenant and came back with her credit score not available and her dad sign with her and they never sent anything about him - you will not be in business long go ahead and change your name again

Waypoint Homes - Total scam. Hiring an attorney

Waypoint is a total scam. I would reccomend no one rent from these people.

They lie and dont care about their tenants. I cant wait to see them on the news again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Waypoint Homes - So what if our representative tresspassed and vandalized your property... its not our problem

This company hired another company to act as their representative to trim a tree on one of their rental properties. The contractors who came out to trim that tree illegally trespassed onto an adjacent property to perform their work instead of performing the work on the property they were hired to work on.

There was permanent damage done to that property, and the contractors even made threats against the owners of that property. In order to be made whole the property owners have had to seek legal counsel. Over an hour worth of video and audio footage of the illegal actions of their representatives has been provided.

Waypoint homes is taking the stance that since it wasn't them directly who vandalized the adjacent property, then it is simply not their issue. Leaving those homeowners financially responsible for the damages caused by their representatives.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Have absolutely no integrity.

Waypoint Homes - Worst company ever.

1.4

I have had nothing but issues since day 1. Although I have only been renting since July 2017 my list of issues is a novel. I despartly want out of this lease and all the money and time this company has cost my family and I.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Waypoint Homes - Penalized for moving

2.6

My husband is in the military and is being stationed in a different state in 2 months. So the lease was up and he is moving in 2 months so obviously can't sign a new lease.

Waypoint is charging $500/month on top of our regular rent because he is now on a "month to month" basis. Thats pretty messed up. He can't control when and where the military moves him so what is he supposed to do?

Sign another lease and be punished for breaking it or be punished for telling the company he is moving away in 2 months. Rent is already high as it is and an additional $500 is ridiculous.

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Awesome pet policy.

I didn't like: Being charged 1500 dollars for not moving on cue.

Waypoint Homes - Bunch of bastards

Rented from these people for two years nothing ever gets fixed ontime had to wait two weeks for my stove to be fixed moved out in july told me am not getting my $2200 deposit back now this is november got a letter tellimg me i owe them $2600 what about my *** deposit they took now am suppose to pay more money this is rididulous

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

They did the same to me. We are suing them.

Court date is in January. I suggest you do the same.

Our deposit was over 3000 then they decided to take it all and charge us another 1000. On top of that, we had to leave our home due to the major mice and cockroaches infestation.

to Sarah Dirkse #1431264

well this is my story I got alease form a person thar said this was they house gave me aleased keys and everthing just for waypoint to knock on my door and say you have 4 days to get I showed them a leased they said you be scam I said well I gave all my money to move in this house so I went to the court and waiting to see if I can get a change to stay for aleasted 45 day I got riped off

Waypoint Homes - They are crooks all around

So your rent becomes doing the 1st they have an excel bill they give you no grace. On xcel like excel gives then ,And I will try and a Bhikshu for not paying the excel bill they will refuse your rent for non payment of the next cell bill and evict you they are nothing but highway robbery the amount that they charge you per credit card fees is way above the normal fee ,So basically this company is set up to take addvantage of people that are already struggling ,And they're making millions off of it

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

With that comment you just prove our point.

WaypointHomes
Waypoint Homes Verified Representative

Per your rental agreement, rent is due on or before the 5th of the month, therefore giving you a 5-day grace period. Just like with any rental situation, it is expected that the tenant pays their rent on time.

It is also stated in your rental agreement that if you fail to pay you rent on time, you will be charged with a late fee and subsequently legal fees if applicable. A lease is a legal document that must be followed by all parties who sign.

to WaypointHomes #1392586

*** waypoint

to Anonymous #1393549

Your nasty attude is why you are on the news now

View more comments

Waypoint Homes - No way no how awful company fraud

Waypoint Homes has frauded me and my family I have been receiving notices I am getting no call back from the manager and I have things that are no heater that has still not been fixed and I've been here since February of 2017 now I'm receiving letters to vacate and I pay my rent every month Faithfully since February 2017 this is horrible

Comments

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation with Waypoint, it seems a lot of people have been wronged by this scam of a company. Also, don't expect any of your money back from the deposit unless your ready to put up a fight. That's were I'm at with them now but at least I'm done and rid of them!

Waypoint Homes - DO NOT RENT FROM WAYPOINT!!!

Like countless others, I have also become another victim of this scam. I lived at the home for 4 years, paid rent on time every single month, and even made improvements to the property over the course of my tenancy.

These improvements were approved at the time of move in, paid for by myself, and now that I am 1 month away from the end of the lease, they are charging me for city permits that are due to their negligence!!! I am even being billed for work that was not completed!! Before these surprise charges, I was not even made aware of the city code violations, much less should I even be held liable!! This is over the course of 4 years, not a single word of communication...

Please, if you are reading this, don't take the advice me and many others are giving lightly. I am now hiring an attorney and have to quickly make new living arrangements with a newborn and pet. They DO NOT care about tenants, or even about collecting rent.

This is a true SCAM. This company will not be around in its current state for much longer....STAY AWAY

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of communication, Abusive practices.

Waypoint Homes - Corporate Slumlord a New Paradigm - THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT RENT

Waypoint Homes is currently being bought by Invitation Homes and it is only going to get worse. You can join our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TenantsofWaypointHomesInvitationHomes/ They are Corporate Slumlords, a new industry created in 2012 buying up tens of thousands of foreclosed homes and using them as stock exchange assets.

So, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT RENTAL INCOME because it is a stock. So, they abuse tenants and break tenant-landlord laws because the goal is NOT to make money on rent, just not to spend any money on the houses while they hold them= repairs. They will find a reason to evict you before repairing the homes. They also commit fraud at each lease signing by withholding what they already to be known wrong with the house to the next tenant after they did NOT make repairs and evicted them.

They report to their bank loans and investors a 97% OCCUPANCY rate, but have a 32% EVICTION rate, meaning the houses may have bodies in them, but they are sending the rent checks back so they can evict people, so not collecting money. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY. RUN! And WARN AMERICANS.

This is a new housing bubble ready to burst. Total scam. Push your State Attorney General to investigate. Write the President.

Get investigations and regulations to prevent another burst and bailout. DO NOT LET THE GOVERNMENT bail these evil idiots out again. Blackstone is behind Invitation Homes. President Trumps BFF Thomas Barrack is behind Waypoint Homes.

I actually support Trump, but NOT this. He needs to investigate and prosecute these guys! Americans are suffering and will suffer more when this house of cards collapses.

In Florida and Texas, Waypoint is doing some very shady things after the hurricanes - report them to your Governor and AG. Good luck!

Product or Service Mentioned: Waypoint Homes Property Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Investigations and prosecution, complete overhaul of the company to protect tenants and comply with State and Federal laws, shape up or sell the homes at the prices you bought them.

I didn't like: Fraud, Slumlord, Housing crisis.